FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Topic ClosedPSU1 Constructors KIT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
PinkFloyd View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 7:44pm
The postal insurance thing (signed for) is not so much to ensure the item reaches the destination it's more a case of confirmation that it has! I used to send things standard mail and, surprise surprise, there were several instances where the customer claimed not to have received them...... erm........ not so with "signed for" post as there is a record the customer has actually received the item. If everybody was honest and upfront 99.9% of the mail would be confirmed as received without the need for it to be signed for.

Think about it...... send a £100 item by standard mail, it arrives, the recipient claims it hasn't arrived.... send another £100 item to him... he now has 2 x £100 items...... postal insurance saves a lot of headaches for both the sender and recipient.

Edited by PinkFloyd - 30 Dec 2008 at 7:44pm
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2008 at 11:57am
"Now there is a tempting morsel - enquiring minds will want to know more  Geek"

Ongoing investigation into just why components bereft of alleged hazardous substances (like we all have in many items around the home...) just don't sound the same, and how equipment can be made to sound better using these than it could using the "hazardous" ones now banned under EU RoHS (an ongoing situation I forecast would happen).

Previously circuits perilously close to instability would survive as shown by the number of iffy products people have bought and the praise given to them by both press and forum members...Shocked

Not so now!

Some may remember my costing for the Reflex design at £105,000. This was based on £50 an hour. What I actually got paid was closer to £8 per hour working the clock round, but it just goes to show the difficulties involved in getting a design to function properly.

The Spice simulator was installed this year to speed up development but so far has led to several "by-roads" of exploration which could lead to further performance enhancements...

more on the subject to come
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2008 at 7:58am

So, just a normal "day at the office" then is it ? Wink

Quote Spice Simulator whacked (better not get myself started as to why...)

Now there is a tempting morsel - enquiring minds will want to know more  Geek

Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2008 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by tg tg wrote:

So Mr S, any progress in this area (or kits in general) or are you still VAT-whacked Wacko ?

VAT whacked

Pound/Euro exchange rate whacked

That thing called "X"-mas whacked (and so are the chaps)

Spice Simulator whacked (better not get myself started as to why...)

Website updates whacked (can't get it together because of the above lot)

Cannot wait to be kit whacked....
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2008 at 12:06pm
So Mr S, any progress in this area (or kits in general) or are you still VAT-whacked Wacko ?
dvv View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 9:17pm
TG, I second your motion. Plain daylight highway robbery. And it's global.

Graham - about bloody time. I know you are overworked and underfed, no news, but I seriously think you should have done this a long time ago. Mostly because I tried several prototypes I have hanging around with your amps, and they showed promising results.

Especially the shunt editions ... (hint, hint!)

Anyway, better late than never, as the saying goes. I wish you much luck with it, Graham, and will lay down good money it will only improve your products and image.

Edited by dvv - 07 Aug 2008 at 9:21pm
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2008 at 2:26pm
Terry Gilliam has done many a film on the subject ranging from the comically suggestive to the no holds barred "Brazil".

The unfortunate thing is that because of anarchy laws we cannot do a darned thing about it!

Otherwise we would?

I doubt it Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic