FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Voyager Headphone Amp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Phil Bishop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2008 at 11:06pm
Darren,

Thanks very much for this. I will be very interested in trying your product - so let me know when it is available. You can contact me direct at bishopfamily@ntlworld.com

I have already ordered a Voyager direct from Graham. I have some Grado igrado phones which seem pretty good and I, too, use lossless - you can only get 100 or so songs on an ipod Nano 4 Gb in lossless format but, hey, this is more than enough at any one time for me. I did try some Sennheiser CX300 in ear phones but did not like them anywhere near as much as the Grados (in fact I did not like them at all)!.

I will have a look now for that Maplins connector to use now as a stop gap. Many thanks again.

Phil

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2008 at 11:10pm
BTW I assume this is the Maplins product?

Thanks again!

Phil

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2008 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Phil Bishop Phil Bishop wrote:

BTW I assume this is the Maplins product?

Thanks again!

Phil

Sorry ... and one more quick Q - is the dock connection the same for a Nano as an ipod Classic? I would assume it is probably standardised although I know the Shuffle does not have such a connection. 
Darren/Audio Elevati View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren/Audio Elevati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2008 at 7:57am
Yes, that's the one.

I think the dock connector fits all but the shuffle out of the current range. Not sure of the older models though. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2008 at 11:17am
Thanks Darren, picked up one yesterday from Maplins - look forward to giving it a go when my Voyager arrives. Let me know when your version is available. Phil.
Darren/Audio Elevati View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren/Audio Elevati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2008 at 12:21pm
Sounds great, Phil. Don't forget to post back with thoughts on the Voyager when you get it run in.

Not heard the iGrados as yet.  I've actually got the CX500 Sennheisers in use at the moment and enjoying them (with the contour "on" on the Voyager).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 3:32pm
Well, I have had my Voyager for a few weeks now and I am very impressed! I do a fair bit of fitness walking and this gives me my best opportunity to listen to music these days. The set up I currently have is as follows:

- ipod Nano (4th Gen, I think)
- Sendstation dock lead with connects line out from ipod to GS Voyager
- GS Voyager
- Grado SR60 phones

The Grado SR60 are not exactly "street phones" but I use them as they are very comfortable, if a bit visually obtrusive!

The sound from this set up is truly excellent - more-or-less like headphone sound from a decent home system. I hear nuances and detail in music I have not heard before.

One word of warning though. The other day it sounded not so good and I think the reason was the battery was low. Changed the battery and it sounded great again.

So, all in all, a great product in my view!

Graham - how about designing a convenient carrier for the system - belt or similar?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic