FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

US Loaner Program

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
Author
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 11:58pm
All USA forum members wishing to request a loaner, Please read the 1st page of this topic.

There you will find most of the needed information required.
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
rwidebrook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rwidebrook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 12:40am
Hi, I'm new here.  Am owner of a Communicator 2.  Would like to try a Era Gold V as a loaner, if possible. 
Thanks,
Rick
Cyreg View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 8:40am
@ Rick, than you also should try the PSU1 on your Communicator 2 >> and get very surprising result :-)
TecnoDec/RB250/MP110>GramAmp2C/PSU1; Cyrus CD8SE; Cyrus FM7 > Exposure XXXV > Harbeth C7ES-3 '35th Anniversary'
cabling: IC 3x DNM V3; LScable Exposure DMF-two; Furu TP60 + MWaY and AH! powercords   
rwidebrook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwidebrook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 5:20pm
Hi Cyreg,

Nice idea.  I've used linear PSs to good effect in other hifi gear, and was considering one for the Slee.  Got the Slee only 2 days ago, as part of choosing a new phono preamp amongst five competitors in hand.  At first contact, I thought the Slee seemed a bit lightly built, but it's real capabilities soon shot down my doubts.  So a PS upgrade will happen!

Beforehand, I'd quite liked the likeable iFi Zen.  I'd also wanted to like the Puffin, but it's playback couldn't rise above it's digital character to achieve "aliveness".  Then the Slee: within moments into the first LP, I knew the Communicator 2 was levels ahead in clarity and retrieval of music.  The deciding factor was how well Slee made each word in background vocals clearly audible, whereas the Zen still left them harder to discern, and veiled in "biz".  With the Slee, familiar LPs now offered more nuance and character from the performance, quite enjoyable. 

I'm very happy with discovering the Communicator 2's genuine high fidelity.  Just what I was hoping to find.
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 8:49pm

The US Loaner Program is a two week minimum trial to allow burn-in and listening in your system.

To initiate a loaner request, please send me, BAK, a private message on this forum.

Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
Nd4speed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nd4speed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 6:08am
Thanks for doing this BAK, PM sent. :)
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 3:17pm
Hi ! You are welcome.
PM reply sent...

Bruce
Bruce
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
  Share Topic