FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

US Loaner Program

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 15>
Author
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 2:16am
I agree with Ian. When I’ve powered down my gear for a few days, it only takes a couple of days to come back on song.
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 10:04pm
To concur, my advice to borrowers is generally to power up and give the loan gear a day or two to settle down before serious comparisons but start enjoying it straight away.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by BAK BAK wrote:

Hi all prospective US Loaners,
 When I send you a PM on the forum about addresses and legal stuff,
Please read through the PM to find all the details.
I have tried to address all the requirements as this is a very vulnerable program.
All members of the forum are the owners of the loaner program stock.
We are all responsible for it’s safety and care, and to share with other forum members.
This is how Graham Slee himself set up the program.

You will find a definite sound improvement using any of Graham Slee's designs for a particular function.
Graham Slee designs all of his audio circuits with sound quality and longevity as his primary objectives… built to last. 
 The range of MM phono stages he makes is as follows, lowest quality and least cost first to best quality and most costly:
Gram Amp 2 - Communicator
Gram Amp 2 - Special Edition
Jazz Club
Era Gold V
Reflex M
Revelation M, a Reflex M with adjustable LP EQ
Accession M, with variable output level control and 
adjustable LP EQ
Accession MC, with variable output level control and adjustable LP EQ

Michael Fremer did a great review on the Era Gold V.
He also did a review of Graham Slee's Reflex M.
Graham designed the Reflex to have faster "reflexes" to improve detail and it replaced the Era Gold V as his flagship model at that time.
The Reflex M is built on the same pcb as the Era Gold V.

When I joined this forum, I was looking for a phono stage to improve my system. Separate phono stages are great for doing just that. In 2010 to 2011, Graham Slee was just coming out with his Reflex M when I had borrowed the Gram Amp 2, Special Edition. I was blown away with how that sounded. Then I tried the Reflex M and WOW happened. I did hear those "faster reflexes" as promised.

When the opportunity arose for a new US Loaner Program coordinator I jumped on it. I now can borrow all of his units and find I still love the Reflex M. (I haven't had a chance to truly audition the Accession M since other forum members keep it out so much there is a waiting list 2 to 4 deep constantly.) The Reflex M is also very popular. It is the only unit that there are 2 of in the US Loaner stock.

Here to help,
Bruce
 I am hoping to see a break in loaner requests for the Accession M soon.
I will post my findings when I loan it myself
 (A benefit of being a Loaner Coordinator).
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 8:08pm
It's a well deserved benefit given all the people you have helped. Happy listening Bruce.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
mcmillin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcmillin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 8:00pm
How do I arrange to take advantage of the loaner program? I want to check out the following cable: Lautus 1.5 meter, RCA to RCA, married pair.
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by mcmillin mcmillin wrote:

How do I arrange to take advantage of the loaner program? I want to check out the following cable: Lautus 1.5 meter, RCA to RCA, married pair.

Hi Gary, the Lautus cable is excellent at removing and shielding any radio frequency interference (in addition to other noise) from audio signals being connected with it.

Send me a Private Message via the drop-down next to my username (BAK) to the left of this post.

Here to help,
Bruce

Edited by BAK - 14 Oct 2018 at 10:46pm
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
Pepsi_jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepsi_jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 6:23pm
Hello BAK - I have had Graham Slee phono preamps in the past, and I am very interested in the new MM Accession M preamp with power supply. What do I need to do to try this preamp as a loaner?

Thank you,
Jeff Hinds
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 15>
  Share Topic