FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What prompted you to buy a GSP product?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Poll Question: Did you buy GSP after:
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
65 [31.10%]
13 [6.22%]
4 [1.91%]
14 [6.70%]
113 [54.07%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Robnpg Robnpg wrote:

As a noob, I am torn between a dedicated MM stage vs one which handles MM/MC. The GSP line was one highly recommended for this purpose. I can't wait to find out more. 

I had a couple of MM/MC switchable units and what I eventually realized is that MCs in my price range didn't do it for me so I never bothered buying an MC cart. As such the MC switches never got used. No regrets upgrading to a GS MM only unit. If I really wanted to go the MC route I'd get an Elevator or one of the GS MC only phono preamps. What I learned is that more adjustments on a phono stage do not necessarily lead to better sound quality overall IME. There are many inexpensive MM/MC phono stages on the market but I'm inclined to think some of these do neither really well. Of course it depends on the particular units you are looking at. Some more expensive MM/MC units are really just meant to be MC units with MM thrown in as an afterthought I think...
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 9:46am
The way I look at it is when spending say £600 on a phono amp if you buy one with both MM MC the money will be split between the both and if you are only going use say MM part then you are better off spending that on one that's MM only.( I think for sound quality) That's what I did with my last inter amp I did not need a phono amp or head phono amp built in has I had my GSs for that.
Well that's just my thinking any way.  
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
lwdykes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwdykes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 6:48pm
The poll would only allow me to choose one of the five answers. Reading reviews prompted my interest and got me investigating GS products, but it was the home trial and assistance from senior members that really initiated my decision to purchase.
Larry

Marantz SR7013/Rotel RMB1555/Oppo BDP-103/Technics SL-1700 (Ortofon 2M Bronze)/Thorens TD-145 (Shure V15 Type III, Jico)/Accession M/GS Solo UL DE/Revel F206/JL Audio E10 Sub
mrtickles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrtickles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 9:34pm
Hi All,

I'm a stranger, new to this place :) I've just picked up a Solo SRG II to properly drive a pair of ATHR70X headphones for monitoring in my small studio.

Must say hugely impressed with the clarity and now I want the Majestic! Lovely listening experience even with these reference headphones.

Scott

lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 4:26pm
Hi Scott
I just have the Solo and I was too (Impressed) I'm using HD 600s, I just wished I'd gone for the SRG II but at the time I thought it was overkill for my needs, I never took my own advice and that's always go for the best you can afford (that way you have room for improvement) that way you have more of a up grade options
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Bluesman 70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluesman 70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 10:08am
Hi all i  to started out with a GS solo headphone amp to replace my entry level Rega bought online it was a good improvement found the GS site and after a few months  purchased a PSU1 this to improved the overall sound of my Grado sr80. Lock down came and i decided to improve my vinyl and with help from John C and the loaner program i purchased the Accession mm phono stage and PSU 1 Enigma and Cusat interconnect and it was the best thing i did many more hours in my listening room 
Avid Ingenium tt /Project Carbon arm/Ortofon 2M Bronze /Naim XS Intergated amp/ Accession mm Phono stage/Enigma pus1/CUsat50 interconnect/ Naim CDX2/ GS Solo Headphone amp Thiel CS 1.6 Coherent Source
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 12:22pm
Graham
I'm in the process of replacing my cables with GS cables. I have the Lautus going from the amp to the Solo (to improve Bass) and CuSat50 from the CD player to amp so far, Both of which have improved the sound to my ears. Now all I have to do is replace the cables from turntable to the Reflex M to the amp. This will take longer than I 1st had in mind as I'm getting into computer audio to back up my CDs, But I will get there, How far I am going with the computer side of things I don't know? The money (all of which) I have spent on the CD writer and SSD storage was ear marked for the cables.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic