FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

MM or MC ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
Author
gwebster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwebster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 11:17am
Congratulations on the US patent. Any news on UK or elsewhere?
Ernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 12:41pm
Well done Graham, I’m waiting to add some more of your gear into my system.

Accession MM
Majestic
Proprii
Lautus
Spatia
Grove Runner??

Really should try headphones at some point too.
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Godra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 5:00pm
Congratulations on the patent approval in the USA. Hope you will get it approved soon in Canada too. 

Clearaudio Performance DC with Clarify tonearm + Virtuoso V2, Tannoy Legacy Eaton, Accession MM and BAT VK300Xse
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 7:01pm
I imagine there will be a party on November 6th!Party
I will toast to Graham for making excellent, no compromises, audio equipment!Beer
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
shashirao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shashirao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 5:46am
Great news on the patent in the US - due recognition indeed.

Bruce you fire up the grill...I will bring in a good rye and brisket Beer
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 7:04am
That would be nice, thank you Cool

I don't know if taking out a patent is a good idea or a bad one, but I sure know it's a frustrating one, and it's also a bit like high stakes gambling: at each stage (there are many) you pays your money, and then hope they're not going to find somebody else already did the same thing. Yes, I searched and searched and couldn't find anything remotely similar, and they searched and searched and kept throwing back things that weren't remotely similar, and I kept saying "these guys don't understand what I mean". At the last hurdle they were citing the regular RIAA circuit as being the same, and I was tearing my hair out over it, but my patent attorney argued through the wording that there was sufficient difference for it to be granted, and he won. They still might not get the point, but at least they see it's different.

The cost of registering it world-wide is beyond my means, so it is US and UK only, which was the best compromise. It could be copied, made and sold in any other country, but if any of that was done in the US or the UK it would be challenged, so it could be made in the far east for example, but could not be sold in the US or UK. Hopefully limited sales potential would put them off.

But it's the first patent of its type in 33 years since Dynavector patented I-V conversion of the output of a pickup or SUT, even though I-V was prior art!

The UK patent comes next but being approved in the US it should be a rubber stamping procedure.

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
shashirao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shashirao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 7:33am
wow...that is quite the journey - lets make it two bottles of rye then...one for the US and other for UK. It is disheartening to know that there is potential for makers in other nations to copy your hard work and make money. But I believe the quality of your product combined with the reasonable price point should prove to be a deterrent to copycats or at least motivation for serious audiophiles.

For now I am still trying to get my head wrapped around the amazing clarity and detail I now hear from my Presentation MC cartridge. I played  my vinyl archives for a get-together of friends in San Francisco last week. The audience choice was unanimous - Accession MC/Presentation sounded open, detailed and had a larger soundstage compared to my Accession MM/Charisma archivals (which by the way are no lightweights either).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
  Share Topic