FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Inner sleeves.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inner sleeves.
    Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

Similarly I put my cleaned records into anti-static inner sleeves and then into the old liners. That helps me to tell what's been cleaned and I re-clean the LP's I play more. I can see how a dot system could help.

What does anyone use? I've been using Goldring Exstatic, but they do seem a bit big for some outers.

Edited by ICL1P - 12 Jun 2013 at 10:55pm
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 9:16am
As well as my local indie shop, I and my mates use a company called Covers33 (http://covers33.co.uk) - free delivery too. These fit all the record sleeves I have tried and are good value

12" White Paper Polylined Sleeve - Pack of 100
£17.50

Black also available, bit more expensive

(I have no affiliation to the above, just trying to share with fellow GS Forumeers !)
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 9:31am
I see my current pack of inner sleeves is from Nitty Gritty. These are good quality and a good fit.
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Drewan77 Drewan77 wrote:

As well as my local indie shop, I and my mates use a company called Covers33 (http://covers33.co.uk) - free delivery too. These fit all the record sleeves I have tried and are good value

12" White Paper Polylined Sleeve - Pack of 100
£17.50

Black also available, bit more expensive

(I have no affiliation to the above, just trying to share with fellow GS Forumeers !)

Approved Smile
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Bi-wire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi-wire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 12:07pm
I use Goldring Exstatic if I want to replace the whole inner and Nagaoka 102s if I just want to replace the anti-static liner, although I sometimes have to modify this approach depending on how tight the outer sleeve is - as has been said, the Goldrings are quite bulky.
Peter

Satisfied user of: Revelation M, PSU1-Enigma, Solo SRGII and lots of CuSat50
Suggs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 12:23pm
Nagaoka 102's for me also, usually straight into the old liner sleeve...squeaky clean Smile
Derek
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 2:03pm
Is it just me that finds that new 180/200gm pressings are often heavily static charged and stick to the original paper sleeve, pulling out first time with debris often already energised onto their surfaces? Very annoying and just putting them in a lined sleeve won't solve that

Using a carbon brush doesn't stop some of this being audible either and if you believe all that stuff about huge temperatures at the stylus tip bonding dust/debris to the vinyl, for me its safer to RCM clean properly first before slipping them into a lined sleeve. Why spend all this hard earned cash on HiFi without taking a little extra time to get the best from the medium?

Having said all this, I notice that surface noise using my Reflex phono is lower than the former Rega which is a good thing Hug
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic