FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

A weekend with the Lautus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
bronzeage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bronzeage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 12:45pm
I have been fortunate enough to be able to mess around with a few different power cables - I can tell you that a good one really can make an audible difference, particularly in improving clarity of source components. I too was a sceptic, but the effect is repeatible every time I switch cables.

Amplifiers seem a trickier proposition. I haven't come a across a cable yet that actually improves sound, as opposed to just changing it, mostly for the worst.

What I can say for sure is that plugging into an average extender does make a noticeable downgrade in terms of dynamics. I don't have a fancy one to say if that improves matters, so I make sure I plug my amp directly into a wall socket.

There are various reatailers, who will let you try before you buy, or offer a 30 day refund etc, so if you are simply curious, like I was, there is a way to find out if they do anything for you.

Of course, if you are happy with what you are hearing in the first place - no need to bother.

bronzeage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bronzeage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 12:45pm
My time with the Lautus is over - and what a thoroughly enjoyable time it was.
It has really opened my ears as to the possibilities a great interconnect can have.
I'm going to see if I can trial an even more expensive one (~£300) to see if that takes me to yet another level, of if the Lautus is simply a world beater, because it was hard to imagine just where the improvements would come from and whether they are worth the cost - but curiosity forces me to at least try to find out.

Either way, I will be saving up for at least one Lautus, because at worst I can use it to make two digital coax connections - bonus !
dillon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 1:56pm
I'm into my second day with the Bitzie and Lautus USB. The Bitzie is very impressive. But I have to say the Lautus is even more impressive. I have a Furutech F2 cable which is rather good, but experimenting with the Lautus into my existing Furutech DAC was the real eye opener - more micro detail, a more balanced sound stage and extra clarity at all frequencies. Music hangs together with so much more analogue freedom and conviction, as I like to call it. Still a week or so more of testing the Bitzie... but I will definitely be acquiring the Lautus immediately regardless of the Bitzie. Slam dunk from Graham!
Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace w Space Arm & Dynavector 10x5 HOMC/GSP Revelation M/John Sampson upgraded Meridian 508.24 CDP/Sony 777ES SACD/ProAc Response D18/GSP Solo ULDE/GSP cables and ICs
Stewboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stewboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 3:47pm
It's a great cable and a mighty double act!
Equipment choices:

Playstation 3 SACD, Bitzie DAC, Meridian Explorer DAC, Lautus USB cable, HD250-II, HD650
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 2:50pm
Hi all,
    I've just received my Lautus phono-phono interconnects and have slotted them into my system for some burning in. I have a CD player with dual analogue outs so I'm running my long time cables (big name Americans!) alongside the new Lautus. This way I'll be able to do a direct comparison by switching inputs on my amp. Short term results were that from cold the Lautus was a long way behind, but after two hours had caught up. Four hours and it has pulled ahead. A bit more detailed, much richer colour palette, more solid 3D vocals and a deeper soundstage.
     In the same box came my Lautus coax cable and TRS to XLR Libran balanced cable, both awaiting the arrival of my new Majestic DAC. More to follow when the cables have a week on them and the Majestic has arrived.
Exciting times. Pride of ownership.
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 3:00pm
As weird as this sounds, bend your Lautus cables a little along their length to ensure the core is detached from the sheath all the way along.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 3:13pm

The Lautus Phono I/Cs are excellent cables Mick (& the CuSat).

I also ran some 'big name' US cables costing around 3-4 times the GSPs from CD player
to amp & swapped them for Lautus & found the Lautus improved soundstaging & overall resolution.They're staying!
Lucky chap getting a Majestic - I'm saving for oneSmile.
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic