FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Genera?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
Author
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Genera?
    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 10:40pm
Glad the build turned out okay in the end. I may have to try a kit myself if I ever get back into soldering.
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 8:53pm
Thanks Ifor. That one each approach makes sense. I wondered whether you had gone for parity in your first and second systems by having Generas in both, it is certainly good enough. I hope the Genera vs Marantz phono stage shootout goes well.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 8:49pm
Yes, I remember MFI. It's funny how everyone thinks Ikea for flatpacks but MFI did it too, albeit with less pieces... I have had similar experiences with missing pieces.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 8:15pm
Jon
do you remember MFI. I bought a flatpack shelving unit off them years ago, not just a screw missing but one shelf the unit only had three shelfs. I didn't learn later I bought a wardrobe and that had a door missing.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 8:15pm
I built one for ‘the boy’ and one for ‘the girl’, but she hasn’t got hers at present; it’s yet to go up against the inbuilt phone stage in her new Marantz integrated amp.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 7:55pm
Could I ask why you have two Genera preamps Ifor? I've considered putting my Genera in a big box with my Solo Ultra Linear.

Jon

ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 7:45pm
I’ve got two sitting in a cupboard doing nothing at present. One of them is definitely surplus to family requirements since I upgraded from Reflex to Accession and handed the Reflex down to ‘the boy’.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
  Share Topic