FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Bitzie first impressions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 33>
Author
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 12:29pm
I know that the standards of quality control and quality assurance are very high with all of Graham's products. Yes, each product is thoroughly tested before it is dispatched.

I simply mean if Graham has encountered any issues with the Bitzie yet. For example, with the very first Ultra Linear headphone amp he released, I read of a small issue with driving low impedance headphones like some Grados. I mean, there is a chance that he may not have found any issue with the Bitzie until a user has reported back with one.

Definitely will buy a Bitzie; it won't be much longer now. Smile
Task1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Task1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 7:31pm
The Bitzie and A Solo Ultra linear arrived a few days and I have been trying them out. First tried the Bitzie on its own, playing ALAC rips from a Macbook through to a HD800 and am glad to report that my eyes- and ears- have been opened! Compared to my previous usb dac the sound is chalk and cheese (albeit the previous dac was less than half the price of the Bitzie). I am not a descriptive person so am unable to tell you whether the soundstage had opened up or it was a tighter more cohesive sound, I just know it blew me away.

Then I connected the Solo UL to the Bitzie and listened again- the improvement was minor, to my ears, although there was plenty more oomph available-  the Bitzie goes loud enough for my listening pleasure. This leads me to my first question- when using the two together at what volume should the Bitzie be set for optimum quality?

In order to 'Run In' the Solo UL I have connected input 2 to the TV and when listening to that with the HD800 am also impressed with the detail on offer.

Many more questions will follow as I am now thinking of the ways that GS products could improve my Vinyl/CD/ DVD/Bluray etc set up in a different room.

All in all I am extremely delighted with my recent purchase and would recommend the Bitzie wholeheartedly.

Sandy
Does it really matter?
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 8:26pm
Oh wow, a Bitzie, ULDE and a HD800 together! That must be a life changing experience! Big smile The ULDE only improves on the Bitzie output slightly, just as I would have expected. More voltage swing offers more energetic dynamics. I'm curious just how close this setup will bring digital up to analogue performance.

Edited by Nuance_Ember - 23 Mar 2013 at 11:05pm
Task1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Task1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 11:20pm
Iit certainly has me listening to music in a new- or rediscovered way. I am at this moment listening to vinyl for the first time in a few years (Son of Dracula- it was first to hand) and not using any GS products at all- I found out/ remembered that I had changed the interconnect for my turntable to a common brand for positioning purposes, moved things around and put in the supplied cable and wow! Just wish my records were indestructible and wear free.

Sandy
Does it really matter?
Humboldt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humboldt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Task1 Task1 wrote:

Just wish my records were indestructible and wear free.

Sandy

If wear is a concern, why just not buy CD:s then?

Edited by Humboldt - 23 Mar 2013 at 11:52pm
Task1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Task1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 2:50am
Now here's me thinking this was a nice place! Most of my collection is CD's , but, as has been suggested elsewhere on this forum vinyl makes a more engaging listen, especially when it's new!
Does it really matter?
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 5:55am
Originally posted by Humboldt Humboldt wrote:

Originally posted by Task1 Task1 wrote:

Just wish my records were indestructible and wear free.

Sandy

If wear is a concern, why just not buy CD's then?
This is why I prefer to buy CDs. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 33>
  Share Topic