FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Bitzie first impressions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313233
Author
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 2:21pm

Edited by Ash - 12 Jul 2017 at 12:11am
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
Benja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 7:13pm
I'm testing my mr speakers mad dog's now with the bitzie. I must say very good pairing very smooth sounding very relax. I feel that the hd540-II is slightly forced in its presentation compared to the mad dogs. Little strained or something i can hear it in the bass and mids.

edit

I was wrong the hd540-II does not sound strained. I am testing it now. But i do think if you equalize the bass i would sound strained. hd540-II is very linear aswell is the bitzie. But because of the small driver size it lacks some bass weight and impact. And the lower bass is on lower volume.

Edited by Benja - 15 Jan 2016 at 7:31pm
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 9:24pm
HD540II uses quite a small driver compared to HD800 and other headphone designs. It has a linear bass response that rolls off naturally. Transparent with no hump or thump. The small driver size limits how much air it can move at low frequencies although using it with the Voyager's contour switch to enhance the bass gave it some more weight down low. HD800 does low bass at low volume much better than the Ref II; it's larger driver moves more air allowing the low bass to be much more audible at lower volumes. HD540II sounds best when volume is not too loud and not too quiet. But it is outclassed by the HD800 in bass weight. HD540II is about 25 years old though; the design is a quarter of a century old and can still easily compete with most modern devices. HD540 was very well engineered; uses a radial bead diaphragm surface amongst other things, also used by the HD800 I believe.
Benja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 11:53am
The bitzie is great. I just can't stop listening to my music with it. The dac from my laptop sounds lifeless in comparision.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313233
  Share Topic