FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Bitzie first impressions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 33>
Author
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 11:56am
When using the camera connector on the iPad the signal out is digital not analogue.
Miguel
Jog3004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jog3004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 12:11pm
Cheers Miguel. I desperately want to buy the Bitzie but..... My music is all iPod or iPhone based for convenience, & I only bought 16gb ipad as I never intended to use it for anything else but emails, Internet, few apps & reading mags/books. I've just done a quick google search to see if a camera adapter works with iPhone & iPod & it appears it sadly doesn't. I'd be greatly appreciative if there is a way to utilise the benefits of the Bitzie with my iphone & iPod, if someone discovers how, let me know& I vice versa. This is one of the incredibly frustrating things about Apple! I fear currently the Bitzie won't add anything more to what I achieve from the superb voyager with the iPhone & iPod. Bloody Apple, I've bought the goods, I should choose how I use them I Hasten to add that I don't view this as a deficiency of the Bitzie, but the tight control Apple exerts on its products to wring out as much money as they possibly can, the old made for iPhone, iPod moniker.

Edited by Jog3004 - 01 Mar 2013 at 12:11pm
James
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 2:45pm
Jon sent me the loan Bitzie this morning (Big smile) and I gave it quick whirl with my iPad at lunchtime, using the camera connector, Denon 7000 and AKG 450 headphones (simultaneously). Once I'd maxed the iPad's volume, there was plenty of high-volume, high quality sound coming from both sets of headphones. This was playing FLACs being streamed from my Squeezebox server into the iPeng app. [Visions of hot sunny days relaxing in the garden with true hi-fi sound are really enticing . . LOL]. More testing in various scenarios to follow, meanwhile some pictures . . 

Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Jog3004 Jog3004 wrote:

I've just done a quick google search to see if a camera adapter works with iPhone & iPod & it appears it sadly doesn't.
I've just checked it out - and it doesn't work . . . Cry (That's trying an iPod Touch and an iPhone 4S).

(I guess the surprise is that audio comes out of it from the iPad.)

Such a shame  - but at least the Voyager's around to bump up the audio quality . . .Wink
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 5:41pm
As you will know, we don't do any 'made for Apple' products and therefore I'm not at all surprised that Apple products don't cater for use of third party products such as ours with their products...

...to get that, a manufacturer has to pay Apple 'big bucks'.

However, the company Apple love to sue - Samsung - makes user friendly smartphones (Galaxy S3 running Android Jellybean) which let you have what you want.

Perhaps it was the charisma of Steve Jobs? But he's gone now, so I personally just don't see the appeal of buying something that restricts you.

If I were in the market for a mobile device it would have to be Samsung.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

As you will know, we don't do any 'made for Apple' products and therefore I'm not at all surprised that Apple products don't cater for use of third party products such as ours with their products...

...to get that, a manufacturer has to pay Apple 'big bucks'.

However, the company Apple love to sue - Samsung - makes user friendly smartphones (Galaxy S3 running Android Jellybean) which let you have what you want.

Perhaps it was the charisma of Steve Jobs? But he's gone now, so I personally just don't see the appeal of buying something that restricts you.

If I were in the market for a mobile device it would have to be Samsung.
Having been in the Apple camp from sometime before Steve Jobs returned to the company, I'll be sticking with them, but i have no interest in playing music from a mobile device other than in the car anyway. It was the charismatic Steve Jobs, not Tim Cook, who wanted to sue Samsung.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by morris_minor morris_minor wrote:

Originally posted by Jog3004 Jog3004 wrote:

I've just done a quick google search to see if a camera adapter works with iPhone & iPod & it appears it sadly doesn't.

I've just checked it out - and it doesn't work . . . Cry (That's trying an iPod Touch and an iPhone 4S).

(I guess the surprise is that audio comes out of it from the iPad.)

Such a shame  - but at least the Voyager's around to bump up the audio quality . . .Wink
One of these should sort it. http://www.futureshop.co.uk/audioquest-forest-usb-to-ipodipadiphone-cable-075m-p-5578.html#.UTECzGtYCSM
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 33>
  Share Topic