FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Record Cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 29>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 7:47pm
Very interesting. It seems great value. Helpful tip: buy the 7 inch adaptors. The 12 inch standard on my Okki Nokki will do 10 inch EP's at a pinch, it is weak compared to the proper 7 inch pipe I bought.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

Helpful tip: buy the 7 inch adaptors. The 12 inch standard on my Okki Nokki will do 10 inch EP's at a pinch, it is weak compared to the proper 7 inch pipe I bought.
Hi Jon, I had thought I would if I buy it, which I think I probably will in a while. I'll do a bit more research before I take the plunge.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 8:04pm
It is cheap, even with UK taxes - others may know how much could be added. I'd check it is user serviceable.

Hope you get an RCM. They are not cheap but they make a difference. A high torque direct drive motor and good clamp really help with washing. The water/solution hoover is a big help, of course.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Adytiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adytiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 8:29pm
Has anyone seen the YouTube clips about cleaning LP's with wood glue??
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Adytiger Adytiger wrote:

Has anyone seen the YouTube clips about cleaning LP's with wood glue??
Yes, and I've tried it on one side of one album. I still have some specks of glue on it that I can't get off. I wouldn't do it again.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 9:14pm
I would not use any type of glue for maintaining vinyl and keeping it clean. Solvent-based dissolution is the most sensible way to go here, I think. Would you agree that the use of alcohol or alcohol-based liquids is most effective for cleansing the vinyl grooves and surface?

P.S By the way ICL1P, your Genera PCB soldering doesn't appear to be as bad as you think it is. It can be reworked. If a circuit board can be reworked then you're doing okay. It's if you need to scrap a PCB that you know that you really screwed up.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 9:23pm
I've always wondered about the use of glue to clean records and decided some time ago that I would never try it on my own records.

My current RCM fluid is Moth's. Roughly 75% distilled water and 25% alcohol (which seems to cut through the grease pretty well), with a little surfactant (similar to detergent) in there. About £40 for 5 litres and distilled water for the rinse is about £10 for 5 litres. Both go along way so it's several years worth you're buying. Buy a couple of those empty push-down soap dispensers for £5 and flush them through.
Jon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 29>
  Share Topic