FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Record Cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 29>
Author
Bi-wire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi-wire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by less less wrote:

But until then cleaning vinyl will remain a labour of love!

What has not been mentioned in this thread so far, but I am sure was mentioned in a previous thread, is that you should rinse cleaned records in de-ionised water. This is in order to remove cleaning agent residue. This always forms part of my cleaning regime.

I have a VPI rcm and clean all newly acquired records, whether second hand or new, before playing for the first time.

In my experience some very dirty records need to be put through the cleaning process two or three times before they play satisfactorily.

Of course no amount of cleaning will rescue a damaged record.

My only problem is that I now have close on a thousand records!

Regards

Les

The bit about rinsing records to remove cleaning agent residue caught my eye as I do not currently do that; I'm relying solely on the Okki Nokki's vacuuming effort to remove dirt and diluted cleaning fluid (as per the instructions). That said, I have noticed that sometimes, first play after cleaning, some records can sound slightly 'muddy' and wonder if that might be because of cleaning agent residue in the grooves. Perhaps a second wash and vac is required, using just purified water? I realise the answer is probably, give it a try

Peter
Peter

Satisfied user of: Revelation M, PSU1-Enigma, Solo SRGII and lots of CuSat50
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 6:56pm
The rinse will probably help. Distilled water would be better than de-ionised as the latter still has mineral and chemical content that will be left behind when the water evaporates.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 10:45am
Does anyone have any experience with the PHK RCM from Brazil?

http://www.maquinaphk.xpg.com.br/models.html
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
mitch65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitch65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by ICL1P ICL1P wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with the PHK RCM from Brazil?

http://www.maquinaphk.xpg.com.br/models.html

Looks like push-fit plumbingLOL
Greg

Rega Planer 3
Gram Amp 2
Audiolab 8000A
Auralic Aries Mini
Russell K 50
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by mitch65 mitch65 wrote:

Looks like push-fit plumbingLOL
it does, but the two or three user reviews I've found rate it quite highly.
Ifor
=====
mitch65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitch65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 6:52pm
Have you found out if it's available over here or do you have to order direct?

Greg

Rega Planer 3
Gram Amp 2
Audiolab 8000A
Auralic Aries Mini
Russell K 50
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by mitch65 mitch65 wrote:

Have you found out if it's available over here or do you have to order direct?

One has to order direct from Brazil.

Hi, Ifor.

Thanks for the contact. I have in stock.

Prices to UK:

PHK Nano Meco + EMS Shipping: US$189 + US$90 = US$279 (5~7 business days to arrive in UK*)

PHK Nano Meco + Priority Shipping: US$189 + US$55 = US$244 (7~9 business days to arrive in UK*)

PHK Nano Meco + Economic Shipping: US$189 + US$47 = US$236 (16~17 business days to arrive in UK*)**

** Economic shipping is not tracked.

*The delivery time to the buyer door depends by the local post service. All shipping options are insured. Any Customs fees or import taxes are responsability of the buyer.

Attention: Remember that you must have a household vacuum cleaner (800W minimum power) for makes the PHK machine works.

The machine is accompanied by 1 bottle of Concentrated Cleaning Fluid and 1 extra set of bristles and velvet.

The PHK Concentrated Cleaning Fluid included with the machine makes 1 liter of cleaning solution, enough to wash about 100 LPs. I have an special one for overseas that makes 1 gallon. If you want to replace the normal one by the Special size, it costs US$17.

Optional:

Extra Bristles and Velvet Set: US$6
Concentrated Cleaning Fluid replacement by the special size bottle: US$17
NEW! ZYX Concentrated Enzymatic Cleaning Fluid (makes 1 liter): US$8 - maximun of 01 unit per order
NEW! ZYX Concentrated Enzymatic Cleaning Fluid Special Size (makes 1 gallon): US$25 - maximun of 01 unit per order
NEW! Manual Brush for ZYX application:US$3 - 1 free unit if you purchase the ZYX Concentrated
AC plug adapter (USA type): US$5 (see below, at the end of this message)
7", 10" Adapters Kit: US$5
45RPM (large hole) Adapter: US$10
Please, add the extra items you want to the total and let me know the quantity.

My Paypal account: kpauloh@hotmail.com

Thanks. And sorry about my English. Regards.

Paulo.
Ifor
=====
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 29>
  Share Topic