FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Solo Diamond Ultra Linear - Oh My God!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
Paperweight View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paperweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 11:27pm
Anyone have thoughts on the sound of the Solo ULDE and Reflex M? Do they have good synergy?
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 11:22am
OK, I'm obviously biased but the Reflex M and ULDE were developed together, and I know what you mean about some amps not sounding right with vinyl, but the ULDE was developed with vinyl as a primary source. Hope this helps.

Graham
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paperweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 1:03pm
Yes, exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks, Graham.
When I was younger, playing something loud through speakers was the way to go. As I get older, headphones have turned out to be pretty convenient and space saving. They don't disturb anyone else in the house and you don't get the acoustic feedback through the turntable with headphones.

Edited by Paperweight - 07 Dec 2016 at 1:04pm
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Paperweight Paperweight wrote:

Anyone have thoughts on the sound of the Solo ULDE and Reflex M? Do they have good synergy?

Shawn , you could borrow
the Solo ULDE as a loaner, and find the sound you are looking for.

I gather, you already own a Reflex M... if not you may borrow that too.

I have both in the US Loaner Program.

Bruce
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paperweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 2:10pm
If I didn't live in Middle of Nowhere USA, that would be a great idea. Getting it back to UPS or the post office isn't terribly convenient. I'd have to take a day off from work to be here to sign for it. Heaven help me if I miss an UPS delivery. Their nearest hub is at least 35 miles away.
The good thing about Graham's designs is that you can almost be absolutely certain you are getting something you will really like. I bought the Reflex M based on my homebrew version of the Genera. I was and am still quite impressed with the Genera's simplicity and fantastic sound character. The Reflex M brought so much more refinement to the table.

BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 3:29pm
Here to help,
Bruce
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paperweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 1:21am
Just received the Solo ULDE upgrade board this afternoon. Slid it home into the case and hooked everything up. I know it takes a while to burn in but I enjoy hearing it go from hmmm to wow as it goes across the record. It's cleaner sounding with more definition and separation of instruments and vocals. It has amazing imaging.

Another good thing is it sounds great with either Sennheiser HD 600s or 650s. The 650s tend to sound overly bass heavy using any other headphone amp in the vinyl rig. While I can still hear them contributing more bass than needed, it's not objectionable with the Solo ULDE. As the Solo burns in, it seems to be taming the bass boost to some degree. On 45RPM British dubstep singles, the bass is thunderous and deep without bloat.

I'll give some more impressions as I find time to spin more vinyl.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic