FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Spatia Impressions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 20>
Author
Gary View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

Nice photos Gary, is that a GX50?............
Jon

Yes, it's a GX50.
I'm very impressed with the Spatia cables. I'm satisfied that I don't need bi-wire with the Spatia links. The Spatia cables have cleared up the presentation throughout the speakers range, the top end is much clearer, most noticable with string instruments. Vocals are also clearer and the bass has become more defined. I now get a more focused larger sound stage, it's the first time I've had the sence of instruments appearing to be beyond the speakers instead of from and inbetween them.

Jon, I noticed you mentioned not using your sub-woofer now. I noticed a big improvement in bass responce when using the CuSat50 interconnects. I could feel base through the floor without my subwoofer, it's something I didn't think the GX50 were capable of. I've had to reduce the cross-over setting on my sub, the improved bass depth and defenition from using the CuSat50 and Spatia seems to make the sub intergrate alot better, the sub is connected via high level speaker inputs so also benefits from the CuSat50.

Edited by Gary - 29 Dec 2012 at 3:56pm
ellisdj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ellisdj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 9:41pm
Madonna - Like a Prayer from the immaculate collection is an excellent song for this - sounds outside the speakers

You get a drummer off to the right at the start and throughout - then you get a choir round both sides of you a bit later on - excellent bit of producing to get that effect.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2013 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Gary Gary wrote:

Jon, I noticed you mentioned not using your sub-woofer now. I noticed a big improvement in bass responce when using the CuSat50 interconnects. I could feel base through the floor without my subwoofer, it's something I didn't think the GX50 were capable of. I've had to reduce the cross-over setting on my sub, the improved bass depth and defenition from using the CuSat50 and Spatia seems to make the sub intergrate alot better, the sub is connected via high level speaker inputs so also benefits from the CuSat50.

Hi Gary, I've had a very similar experience to yours. I had my REL sub connected to the old amplifier (840A v2) outputs, using the REL's crossover to blend the sub in. With the Proprius amps I think there's an extra octave of deep bass from my GX100's, which is another reason why the Proprius amps are great hi-fi. I agree the interconnects make a vital difference, with the Cusat50 and Spatia delivering the goods.

My apologies for missing your question, I'm only a year late in replying!

Jon
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
suede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 8:53pm
Thanks everyone for the great and truly enticing reviews and findings, they have convinced enough to put in an order for a pair of Spatia cables + links without even bothering having them on loan first.
Seems my system just keeps on getting more and more GSP based Big smile
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 10:12pm
Good call Suede, I think the Spatia cables and links will bring you many years of happy listening.

If anyone wishes to loan a set of cables and links please pm me.

Picking up on my earlier post I have reconnected my REL subwoofer high level inputs to the Proprius outputs and spent some time balancing things for hi-fi listening. The REL crossover is now only a few clicks above its lowest frequency which gives a good idea how much oomph the Proprius amps get from my standmount speakers! It sounds great - rich soundstage with clearly positioned instruments and ambience in the room. Thank you Graham.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Gary View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 11:30pm
Suede, I did the same, after having a Solo ULDE and a set of CuSat50 interconnects I bought the Spatia cables and links without an audition, I`ve not regretted it.

Jonn, I had a old REL Q40 years ago, I now have a BK XLS300 subwoofer. The Q40 and my BK have the same high level connection method i.e. 3 wires (red, yellow and black). The red goes to right positive speaker terminal, yellow to left positive speaker terminal and the black to any negative speaker terminal. Is this the same with your REL, did you have to do anything special when using the speaker terminals on the Proprius mono amps? I`m just curious, when funds allow I`d like to try the Proprius amps and big DAC in the future.

Edited by Gary - 06 Jan 2013 at 11:31pm
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 7:56am
Hi Gary, my REL subwoofer (Q200E) has similar high level connections except it has a positive and negative connection for both the left and right amp outputs. I plugged these into the Proprius amp terminals as well as the speaker cables.

Jon
Jon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 20>
  Share Topic