FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Spatia Impressions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920>
Author
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 4:47pm
I would be interested in trying a beefier version Graham.
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 5:33pm
Good news. I will soon be a very happy Spatia owner, having ordered a pair of bi-wired 4m speaker cables to go with my new GX300 speakers. I am using the loan Spatia cables for now which means they will be available again to borrow soon.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 6:15am
A Bi-Wire version?
Could you hear any real benefit over the single run and Spatia jumpers? I am asking as this could solve my compatibility issue.
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 8:11am
Yes I could but only on my new speakers and it was quite subtle to my ears in my living room. However I got a good deal on the new speakers with some part-ex so decided to invest the extra in the GSP speaker cables, knowing they'll be in my system for many years to come.

The single run of Spatia cable with jumpers is excellent for natural sounding music, instrument separation, dynamics, all round sound.

My bi-wire test was not blind to be fair as I did the switchovers and listening. I used two runs of loan Spatia cable to each speaker (the 1.5m and 3.5m worked well in my setup) and switched over by disconnected the LF set from the speaker terminals, replaced by the jumpers. I listened to few tracks each time I switched over the connections.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 10:15pm
My new Spatia cables arrived today although I still don't know when John had time to make them with the NE Roadshow at the weekend.

Excellent build quality and nice touches like the red sleeves on the RHS cable. They are bi-wires and I like the way each one is made up of two separate Spatia cable going to the banana plugs.

I got home and swapped from the loan cupboard's Spatia cables (1.5m pair feeding one side and 3.5m pair feeding the other). From the start I have enjoyed the clear and coherent sound of the Spatia cables feeding my GX300 speakers. Even brand new I am just hearing the music and enjoying every minute.

Highly recommended. I sold my T***m Q Black cables after trying the Spatia loan cables with my GX300's. I bought those rightly lauded cables before the Spatia cables were released. The GSP cables came at a lower price despite just sounding as good to me with my old speakers. The ear opener for me was getting the GX300's and redoing the comparison, the Spatia cables sounded better to me and opened up some of my favourite records so I can more details without ever sounding harsh. They give a similarly coherent and natural sound on all kinds of music, without the slight sweetness of the Blacks.

Jon

DaveG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 1:42pm

Took delivery early this morning of a 4m pair of Spatia cables + links. I only ordered these on Saturday so many thanks to John C for getting these made so quickly. Top service...again!

It was fairly inevitable that curiosity would get the better of me after being so impressed with the Cusat50 I use between my phono stage & amp and the Lautus + Lautus USB I use on the digital side. As I've posted before these ousted some pretty expensive offerings from other companies.

Only question was whether to go for a loan or just buy them. I bought them.

So these are now sitting between my JSA modified MF A5 and B&W CM6 s2's. Links connected the “Nordost” way. I went right off bi-wiring with these speakers, the sound stage sounded a little err.. I dunno... ephemeral.. very hi fi but a little lacking in focus. Anyway single wire it is. Previously I've used cables from AQ, VdH, Kimber, Chord all getting progressively more expensive until settling on my reference for years Isolda DCT.

So bearing in mind they are not even close to being run in (not to mention a fraction of the price), how do the Spatia stack up? I'll probably confirm this when they are run in, but initial thoughts are remarkably well. Mids & highs are all present & correct, extended but not a hint of hardness. Soundstage width also at least the equal of my previous cables. What took me a little by surprise was the bass, fuller without being overblown, I perceive sound stage depth to be better and the whole sound has a sense of cohesion and ease about it which, if I'm honest I didn't even realise was missing previously. This shouldn't be misconstrued as soft or lacking in pace, or frequency extension, it's just a really very attractive sound. In fact I kept on committing that cardinal sin amongst ”audiophiles” and instead of listening to my gear the music just sort of.. took over. Ooops!!Wink

I may mess around with the links at a later point to see if there's a better way of wiring them and It'll be interesting to see how they improve with burn in, I've found most cables do.

And the final plus point is I should be able to sell my old cables for more than the Spatia cost me. I WIN!

Edited by DaveG - 12 Aug 2015 at 1:55pm
Dave

Michell Gorbe + HR PSU -> Cadenza Bronze -> SME V -> Elevator -> Accession -> Proprius -> B&W CM6 s2 | Cusat 50 & Spatia cables ->
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 8:45pm
Happy listening Dave. I bought a 4m pair too and sold off my Tellurium Q Black cables which came second best to the Spatia cables.
Jon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920>
  Share Topic