FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Spatia Impressions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17181920>
Author
Ernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 8:19pm
I've just received my Spatia cables and links. I don't know about burn in but first impressions are very favourable. The Nor***t Solar Wind I was using sounds really thin, sharp and well... flat (no pun intended) in comparison.

Having worked lately on an EMC problem at work causing some of our high speed bus networks to fall over and having to investigate ways to reduce an remove noise the ideas around the Spatia cable are based on sound engineering practices.

I'm now fully "Slee'd". Majestic, Proprius, Era V, Lautus, Libran and now the final piece in the puzzle Spatia loud speaker cable. I put them in the system last night. Really pleased, everything sounds so cohesive, instruments are hanging in their own space. Never thought I'd own a stereo system that could sound this good, it's breathtaking. The sound stage is huge. It's been an expensive 18 months!

My LP12 has never sounded to good, and my Sonos Connect sounds fantastic via the Majestic. Thanks guys.

There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 11:18am
A convincing description of the Spatia speaker cable Ernie, getting tempted to try a set.
Thin, sharp & flat was my impression of a New England digital cable tried once.
Odd how a correctly (assumed) 75 Ohm specified cable can alter the sound.
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 12:12pm
Hi All,
     My experience has been that all cable brands have a sound of their own. I also agree with the principle of using a coherent cable loom from one maker, mostly because having various sounding cables together makes a mess of the overall result. I have a complete Slee loom. It satisfies my desire for coherence, while having the happy advantage of being made by an identifiable individual I've actually had personal contact with whom I also just happen to trust because of the outstanding customer service I've received and the common sense explanations of engineering solutions involved. About how many companies can one say that?
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 3:19pm
All the important cables in my systems are GSP and it's striking how that much abused term "synergy" is apparent when the final part of the jigsaw is slotted into place. I was always a "cable sceptic" until I persuaded myself to try Graham and John's offerings. Like with everything else GSP, the urge to "upgrade" just evaporates as you just enjoy the music . . Wink
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 4:41pm
As with the above posts, all the cables in my system are also GSP Lautus, CuSat or Spatia (including rewired speakers) and I too became converted from my previous scepticism once I realised what properly engineered cabling could do. Extremely reasonably priced too!
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
Ernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 6:50pm
Rich,
Just give them a go. Can't quite believe how good the music sounds.
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 9:07pm
I bought T@@@ium Q Black cables before the Spatia came out. I tried Spatia and sold TQB. Spatia is better, no sound signature and the music is all there. Great value for really sound engineering.I've rewired most of my speakers with the 5m lengths of Spatia link up cable, one of the best investments I have made in hi-fi.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17181920>
  Share Topic