FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Proprius in my system

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Proprius in my system
    Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 12:11pm
[Rather than clog  up the main Proprius thread with my pics and ramblings I thought I'd start a new one . .]

My pair of Proprii amps arrived this week, along with a CuSat50 RCA > XLR cable, and I took a few pictures. 

What's in the box:

In the centre of the picture above you see the mounting plates. These come with washers, and I see a spare fuse is included, which is a nice touch. There's also a comprehensive information leaflet.

Other pictures below are self explanatory . . Smile

The Proprii form the second stage of turning my living room AV system (with a bit of stereo on the side) back into a stereo system (with a bit of AV on the side!). The first stage was to replace my small front speakers (AVI Neutron 5s) with some full range floorstanders, and I bought some PMC GB1i transmission lines - for use without the sub of course!.

The bit of stereo on the side consisted of a Sudgen Headmaster pre-amp/headphone amp into which were plugged a Squeezebox Transporter and an Era Gold V phono amp (fed by Technics SL7 turntable). The tape out from this had gone to the AV amp for listening over speakers. Having the Sudgen means that for headphone listening (I use Denon D7000s here) the signal paths are really minimal.

The Sugden pre outs now go to the Proprii, and I've taken a tape out from my Onkyo AV amp into the third input on the Sugden so we can still hear DVDs, and FoxSat PVR recordings. The Onkyo now only provides the rear speakers plus the sub, and in the fullness of time will be replaced by an AV pre-amp and probably a little T-amp for the rears. (You can probably tell that movie sound is not a terribly high priority for me - providing the sub kicks in as needed for explosions etc my kids are happy!)

The AV cabinet did have a Mac Mini in it, but since getting an Xbox, with all its apps, this hadn't been used in a long while, so I took this out which gave some shelf space for the Proprii. Which means the rack now looks like this:

If you've read this far, thank you! But I bet you want to know what the Proprii sound like? I've only had them playing for about 30 minutes and was smiling Smile all the time. I'll post more when they've had a bit of run in. I'll also check on how warm they get in the cabinet- though I'm used to using the kit with the door open as the Onkyo amp could heat a draughty church hall all by itself.

Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 10:09pm
Nice photos Bob and I'm glad you mentioned the sound at the end! Happy listening mate.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

Nice photos Bob and I'm glad you mentioned the sound at the end! Happy listening mate.

Thanks Jon! Listening tonight I've been struck how dynamic the sound is now. But I'm expecting the sound to change somewhat over the next few days as they settle in, so will report back later...
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
suede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 1:39am
Nice phots! I'm eager to hear more of what you think when you've had them for a bit longer too Smile
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 11:06am
Following Bob's thread and my home loan, I have now placed my order for a pair of Proprius amps!

Jon
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

Following Bob's thread and my home loan, I have now placed my order for a pair of Proprius amps!

Jon
So resistance (if there was any) was useless, then, Jon? LOL

I posted my pics with some text on a couple of other forums (one being StereoNet.au) and they seem to be generating bit of interest there. Mind you we don't want the GSP boys rushed off their feet too much as they've got other products to get out . . Big smile
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 12:28pm
Very nice pictures, enjoy the listening experience.
Miguel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic