FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Vinyl to recommend ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
fluddite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fluddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 8:11pm
Bill Frisell - Valentine (Blue Note) - with Thomas Morgan and Rudy Royston.

While the video isn't as stylish as Bob aka Morris Minor's wonderful postings (and the playback rig certainly isn't up to his standards!), it's not every day that a world-class guitarist sticks a video on YeurghTube where he plays all four sides of his new LP end-to-end and turns the records over in between. Also, he's amazingly self-effacing. What a lovely bloke! Thumbs Up

lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 8:33pm
HI Tim
How is Gram Amp 2SE sounding, how long have you had it?
I bet you are pleased with it
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
TimW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 8:35pm
Hi Jon,

It’s going great thanks. Thanks for all your help when I joined the forum as well. I basically ordered it while I still had the loaner as I was so impressed. I’ve had it a couple of months now. In fact I’ve got a record spinning through it now. “We Are One” by Maze. Picked up for a mere £1 this week from the bargain bin at the local record emporium. Spruced up through the Knosti cleaner it sounds new. I’ve been relistening to my collection (as you do when you get a new bit of kit) and buying plenty of new stuff as well. 

Next step will be the PSU1 if I haven’t worn out the stylus before then!
L*nn LP12, Jelco 750D, AT440MLb / Technics 1200 MKII (Various Carts) / GS Gram Amp 2 SE / Audiolab and Arcam Amplification / Mission 752 Freedom / Dynaudio Audience 42
sheepskinstu View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheepskinstu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 8:02am
Originally posted by TimW TimW wrote:

Hi Jon,

It’s going great thanks. Thanks for all your help when I joined the forum as well. I basically ordered it while I still had the loaner as I was so impressed. I’ve had it a couple of months now. In fact I’ve got a record spinning through it now. “We Are One” by Maze. Picked up for a mere £1 this week from the bargain bin at the local record emporium. Spruced up through the Knosti cleaner it sounds new. I’ve been relistening to my collection (as you do when you get a new bit of kit) and buying plenty of new stuff as well. 

Next step will be the PSU1 if I haven’t worn out the stylus before then!

Maze tread a great line between soul and funk. If you haven't already, check out their instrumental Twilight. It appears on the Too Many Games 12". 
TimW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 9:26am
Immense tune “Twilight”. I’ve got it nestling on one of those Blue Note / Capitol Jazz compilations that EMI we’re putting out in the late 90s. Great way to discover hidden classics in the pre-streaming site days. 
L*nn LP12, Jelco 750D, AT440MLb / Technics 1200 MKII (Various Carts) / GS Gram Amp 2 SE / Audiolab and Arcam Amplification / Mission 752 Freedom / Dynaudio Audience 42
hgtr54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hgtr54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 9:17pm
I have been always like the music of the xxxtentacion store that was one of the best best at their on time.
Speculator66 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speculator66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 10:47am
I recently bought a solo album from Roger O'Donnell of the Cure - 2 Ravens
Well worth a listen.

Roger was two years below me at school but I don't remember him  LOL
I do remember his brother though. Smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic