FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Proprius

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 12:26pm
Well the Proprius and the Lautus have about 110 hours of burn in. Unfortunately it seems the Proprius is still burning in due to an slight deviation in sound over the last 20 hours or so. Specifically the top end is still somewhat dull and lacking extension when using the HiFiMAN HE500 can.

On the other hand the bass, lower and middle mids are great! The sound is very engaging and musical with a tinge of warmth (as in tubes). More to come.
Miguel
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 5:41pm
Augmenting Miguel's observations, the loan pair in my house has been powered up for about 250 hours and the sound has changed subtly in the last few days. My ribbon tweeters are getting a good work out on percussion and strings and there is plenty of detail on close miked singers.
The sound is getting better each day. I wish I had another 200 hours and I wasn't sending the amps on but want the next person in the club (BiB) next week to have the same enjoyment I have. However I could fix that by paying GSP some money... when are the Proprius amps going into production please Graham?

The Proprius is very, very good.

Jon
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

...when are the Proprius amps going into production please Graham?

On sale now...

As usual it takes around 2 weeks from order to delivery.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

...when are the Proprius amps going into production please Graham?

On sale now...

As usual it takes around 2 weeks from order to delivery.

Jon, if you buy the Proprii what will you be replacing.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 8:03am
My current amp is the 840A v2, Ifor.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
ServerBaboon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ServerBaboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 1:59pm

After a few days burn-in the combination of the Lautus cables and the Proprius amps is sublime. I am using my Squeezebox Touch going into a DAC and straight into the Proprius amps and going to bed a little later than usual.

The Proprius is engaging and full sounding even at low levels. It is tremendous and room filling with the volume turned up.

So there is a good performance at low levels then, my amps are a little lacking in this respect and I have to turn them up before I start to get body and impact.

Anecdotaly then the amps are at least on a par to your current amp? I have wondered about that model before now as a possible replacement.

Steve

-------------

Various bits of GSP Kit ..well two so far, unless you count the cables that is.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 9:54pm
It is a hard comparison to make because I can't connect my DAC straight into the 840A's power amps. Its preamp is versatile but it puts several op amps and half a dozen generic electrolytic caps in the way. However I really liked it before I heard the Proprius amps!
I simply connected my DAC (or the Reflex M) to the Proprius and used the amps' volume controls. I am ready to build a cheap switching unit to handle the input changes if I decide to buy a pair of Proprius amps.

The Proprius is at least on a par with the 840Av2, in fact I would say a pair of the monoblocks is better. The detail is remarkable with clear sweet mid and treble and the bass is full but tight. Dynamic and really musical sound, it is very good indeed.

[edit]
And now the amps and the Lautus phono/XLR leads are boxed up Cry and labelled to go out in the post tomorrow. It is someone else's turn next. Approve

Please PM me to get in the Proprius queue.

Edited by Fatmangolf - 29 Oct 2012 at 10:44pm
Jon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic