FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Gram Amp 2 'Communicator' MM Phono Preamp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Frankyc2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankyc2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gram Amp 2 'Communicator' MM Phono Preamp
    Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 10:49am
Good Morning Everyone,
I have just received my brand new 

Gram Amp 2 'Communicator' MM Phono Preamp

It is a really keenly priced piece of kit, and as such I really couldn't resist... I have never had a Graham Slee unit in my system yet...
Just a quick bit of back story...
I have had quite a few phono stages in the past connected to my Michell Gyrodec and SME 309 and Lyra Clavis cartridge. Including EAR 834P, Conrad Johnson PV12, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus... 
And all these units do cost a lot more money than the Communicator. and all do things very well, and some other things not so well (bass depth with valves, soundstage with Solid state etc...)
But as soon as the unit was connected in the system, I could feel a wide, deep soundstage. Clear dynamics and a lovely tonal balance. And the unit hasen't even been burned-in properly yet.
I am using the standard PSU as well... 
So all in all, I am so far very impressed with what I am hearing. And I am really looking forward trying many more records in the very near future.
So big Thumbs Up!
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 11:06am
Clap

Great news! And it'll only get better over the coming weeks . .  Smile

On a bang-for-your-buck basis Graham's kit has few equals, which is why we all like it so much . . .
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankyc2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 11:22am
Indeed, I was really impressed by the clarity of the unit!
So very excited to listen to my records again!!!
I really love when a piece of kit gets you to rediscover your favorite records...
Party
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 7:48pm
Hi Franky, welcome to the GSP club!
Glad to see you're impressed by the GA2.
I do think that the "HiFi" fraternity are missing out, due generally to the misbelief that only "big bucks" can equate to good sound. Not true - Graham's products deliver exceptional sound quality for reasonable, sensible cost.
As MM points out, with time it will surely get better.
Happy listening.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 7:57pm
Welcome to our community Franky where we are friendly, share our listening as you have and help each other.
Well written BinB. I think Graham Slee invests in intensive R&D not glossy advertising and we hear the difference in state of the art hifi at sensible prices. It is tragic that music lovers are missing out, please see the UK loan scheme pages on this forum to hear GSP for yourself.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankyc2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 9:55am
Clap
Well,
After now 2 weeks of running in, the phono stage is getting better and better.
It does control my speaker with a real strong hand, that my previous valve chinese was truly unable to do.
I am so happy with it, really delighted.
Best Value for Money!Star
For once it gives the warming feeling that I could actually stop swapping boxes frantically every 6 months, and sit down and enjoy the MUSIC!
Isn't it what it's all about?

Thanks for everyone warm welcome on the forum too!

Cheers!
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 10:37am
Thumbs Up

That's great news! You're absolutely right - it is all about the music . . . Big smile
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic