FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Reflex M

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Frostg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frostg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reflex M
    Posted: 09 May 2012 at 9:48am
Just enjoying the reflex M and the Solo UL diamond edition so much. My wife says I am away with the fairies and she can never seem to get my attention now!

I know there are some who can write longer and more detailed summaries, but thought this Topic could be for those who want to leave a brief comment like me.

Thanks for bringing such enjoyment.
jrhughes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 1:26pm
Mine has just arrived! Yipeeee!

It came earlier than expected - so I'm able to swap the loan unit out for mine right away. Which I've just done Smile

Very quick "peek" shows mine to sound a bit thinner and more strained than the loan unit, as expected. It's still good though! 

I must say that the loan programme is fantastic. You can really assess this equipment in your own home, in your own system, over time. And then come to the inevitable conclusion: resistance is futile LOL
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by jrhughes jrhughes wrote:

It came earlier than expected - so I'm able to swap the loan unit out for mine right away. Which I've just done Smile

Very quick "peek" shows mine to sound a bit thinner and more strained than the loan unit, as expected. It's still good though! 

I must say that the loan programme is fantastic. You can really assess this equipment in your own home, in your own system, over time. And then come to the inevitable conclusion: resistance is futile LOL

I've had my Reflex a couple of weeks now and it's filled out very nicely, as has the Solo UL which is a week younger. You're in for a good time - but you already know that LOL

The loan scheme has to be the best sales tool ever: you'd have to have cloth-ears not to want the kit after living with it for two weeks (or less Wink ) . . . 
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
jrhughes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by morris_minor morris_minor wrote:

you'd have to have cloth-ears not to want the kit after living with it for two weeks (or less Wink ) . . . 

Two LPs, in my case LOL
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by jrhughes jrhughes wrote:

I concur with your comment and conclusion. LOL

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
jrhughes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 7:26pm
Well, just over a week in and I've had the opportunity (i.e., wife and child out = peace) to sit down and have a proper listen to my Reflex M. The sound is certainly more full-bodied now than when first powered up. Although this, together with the Solo, has cleaned me out for a while, I must say I couldn't be happier; this unassuming-looking kit is the best audio investment I've made for a long time. The Ortofon 2M Bronze which feeds the Reflex sounds sublime; sweet at the top and both punchy and controlled at the bottom. The biggest difference between this and my previous phono stage, though, is the way the soundstage has been deepened and widened, to an extent that I didn't previously think was possible. By comparison, the previous stage had left, right and centre - the latter, usually vocals, being "squirted" forwards, for want of a better phrase. With the Reflex you feel more as if you're there, sinking into it all, rather than having it projected at you. 

Marvellous stuff.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 10:23pm
Nice one!
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic