FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Digital chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Author
Sylvain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylvain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2013 at 8:20pm
Graham Sir, You have such a clear understanding of all the technical constraints of the ADC cponversion of analogue that I truly feel intimidated but want to '' spur you on''. CIRRUS do a number of ADC chips but cannot understand anti -aliasing ...so if the chip brought the converted analogue to digital data to my Computer and using software to 8x upsample the files then playback after 8X oversampling process DAC  the end file should sound '' natural''...
I am in the category of those seeking to learn and very very keen to be the first to try your ADC module ....if anyone can get it right ..it has to be YOU..

wITH MY SINCERE ADMIRATION OF THE YOUR THOUGHT CLARITY ..TRULY BLESSED ONE of the  micro audio signal.
s Jacques t 
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2013 at 10:44pm
Thank you. I will write some more on the subject in a week's time.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Sylvain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylvain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 8:47am
Mr Slee Sir
Waiting patiently for your next 'expose' '' on the subject....may I respectfully ask you include a little clarification as to how capacitors can be avoided on signal path.....read something about DC coupling ..servo ..etc....that allows designers to avoid using capacitors...PleaseQuestion

Keep well
S Jacques T 
Sylvain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylvain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 6:21pm
I have had it with CD' players and the two expensive DAC.  Three CD' player unit with Laser and Mech faults and they have limited time usefulness and die prematurely after 4 or 5 years and I had spent on new Clock and new Output board and it is not worth my Old Throrens pre dating the first CD one of Philips .  
However, the last Unit has a Philips Pro Mechanism but the Old problem of 2.5Volt output much too much for any decent amplifier particularly with Mono Power Amplifiers AND basic Digital or electronic Preamp incorporated DAC. I have fitted resistor to attenuate the Output in PhonoPlugs and it helps but the right Resistor values and more Important the right quality Resistor components is important or the DAC quality becomes mediocre.
I wonder what Professor GSP have to offer,  a Pre amp to deal with the 2.5 v signal for  a  useful if simple and inexpensive DAK project..... before chucking the damn'player thing off board from Music components rack.....and 24 bit stream takes over .....BUt I am ONLY interested to dgititazing to network music bank...
Please  Prof
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 7:25pm
A big problem in presenting a DIY solution is that any circuit will require special soldering skills because the chips involved are SOIC.

One of the comments "You are not human.  No human could possibly solder this well." and I agree.

I usually find solder balls wedged between pins which is the big problem with lead-free. Anyway, I don't solder SOICs anymore, John and Leo do it because their eyes work!
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Sylvain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylvain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 1:11pm
Yes Sir
 Have purchase 30w  'Iron set with all accessories'' in a box ...watch the video a few times ...... 

Developing enthusiasm to read more of your ''solution' to attenuate the 2.5 v signal for a better manageable signal to the DAC input or electronic potentiometer.

Over to you .
However, I would have wish a DAK of a simple pre-amp module with your design signature.

Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 5:58pm
I recommend buying a magnifier lamp. It takes a lot of the guesswork out of soldering tiny junctions.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
  Share Topic