FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Kits!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
Author
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

Originally posted by ICL1P ICL1P wrote:

I could use an integrated amp kit.

He hints Wink
He does, but I suspect your potential future offering will be more than I can afford to replace my daughter’s ~35 year old Technics.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 10:12pm
Just an idea but perhaps it would be easier and cheaper for Graham to focus solely on producing some PCB-only products then only give the user guidance regarding housing them for shielding and protection. No costly metal work and gives him more time to focus on the electronics, also helping to keep prices down for those who like to build things up themselves.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Ash Ash wrote:

Just an idea but perhaps it would be easier and cheaper for Graham to focus solely on producing some PCB-only products then only give the user guidance regarding housing them for shielding and protection. No costly metal work and gives him more time to focus on the electronics, also helping to keep prices down for those who like to build things up themselves.

WinkThumbs UpWink
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 5:51am
I have difficulty doing the "painting by numbers" expected by many of today's "makers." I flatly refuse to do it!

What's wrong with learning about stuff? Isn't it better to share experiences, so the other person benefits from the reception of knowledge?

Understandably, my three-year pursuit of trying to make a "retro" amplifier perform "circus tricks" has been hard, if not impossible, to follow. It is, however, packed with information nobody else will explain to you.

Its basis is the simplest of amplifier circuits, intentionally so that every component's function might be grasped. I think such comprehension is essential to give the constructor the confidence that they can achieve a lot more.

The difficulty I have, which others may care little about, is knowing what your expectations are. I think you will have great expectations and will be disappointed if what you build doesn't match what we offer "commercially."

That being the case, I have to put as much effort into a DIY design as I do for everything else. I have to find solutions just like I have to find to make our mainstream products sound as good as they are. Would you think those with a prolific output do the same for you?

There is also the problem of time. You might change your mind. The Groove Runner and 5V 3A power supply are good examples of things wanted at the time, but after going to great pains to design them correctly, they are now found to be gathering dust.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Sylvain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylvain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 5:55am
Yes.......Commercial reality needs to factored with design indulgences .....but yes semi prepared kit  may attract less purchase value added Tax ..But yes the 'way to go' and all the research and experimentation and skills and knowledge that Prof will see glory.... 
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 7:35am
I still want the 5V 3A PSU, I am just being disciplined and waiting for my last K1000 to sell, which will hopefully go before Christmas then I am making an order.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
bass man View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 4:02pm
Hello 👋  its been a long time
Sold all my hifi gear while refurbishing the house 
Anyway I bought a 20x10ft log cabin so back in business
Old rega p2 deck with a goldring 1012 cart
Pioneer a400 again 
Mission 765 speakers 
Sounds pretty good 
Anyway looking on ebay found a guy selling the genera kit 
Had a bid and got it for £79  posted 
Na then graham is it worth sticking better caps in or just build as is 

paul
am from Yorkshire tha nuz