FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Built a power supply for my Squeezebox Touch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 9:29pm
I wish that I had taken my DIY 5 Volt power supply unit over to Phil's last weekend...

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
msphil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

I wish that I had taken my DIY 5 Volt power supply unit over to Phil's last weekend...

Yes, that would have been nice!
'You are, through your soul not your body, a human being.'
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 9:09pm
It didn't stop us enjoying some great music and putting the World to right!

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
mhamilton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mhamilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 2:04am
Hi all .... just joined the Forum as I'm in process to sign up for a loaner of Accession to evaluate.

Its good to see that others are still using the Squeezebox Touch.  
I never thought about replacing the power supply on it as I only use it as a digital source
to feed my DAC.   But it sounds like it's worth a try.

I built these regulated power supplies many years back, time to resurrect them.
Used low-noise  Linear Technology regulators.  Nothing tricky in the topology.  

msphil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by mhamilton mhamilton wrote:

Hi all .... just joined the Forum as I'm in process to sign up for a loaner of Accession to evaluate.

Its good to see that others are still using the Squeezebox Touch.  
I never thought about replacing the power supply on it as I only use it as a digital source
to feed my DAC.   But it sounds like it's worth a try.

I built these regulated power supplies many years back, time to resurrect them.
Used low-noise  Linear Technology regulators.  Nothing tricky in the topology.  

I find that the squeezebox touch is a fantastic, cost-effective, piece of kit for transferring music from my Apple iMac computer. Like you I only use it as a digital source to feed my Majestic DAC preamp. I find that there is a noticeable improvement in sound if I use a decent power supply (such as the one that Graham is about to release for members of the forum).

As a new member of the forum I can assure you that all Grahams kit is of outstanding quality. Apart from my squeezebox touch and my PMC speakers every piece of audio equipment I have, including cables, is designed and made by Grahams company. The soundIt is well integrated and really fantastic!
'You are, through your soul not your body, a human being.'
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 7:42pm
Another vote for Graham Slee's hifi and the Squeezebox Touch.
Jon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic