FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Era Gold V A brief Story

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eleydesign View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eleydesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Era Gold V A brief Story
    Posted: 12 Feb 2012 at 9:48am
Thanks for your comments. I look forward to more hopefully useful comments in this new to me Forum environment.

Tony
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 12:40pm

There are times when I find this sort of matter-of-fact brevity more telling than a page of gushing prose.

Thanks for sharing and enjoy your new found music collection.

Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 9:15am
It sounds like you are loving your music in your new home and upgraded system.

And a warm welcome to our community of friendly and helpful music lovers!
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
eleydesign View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eleydesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 9:00am
Hi All, my first post on any forum, so please excuse any silly errors. Having moved house and now able to have neighbour free space for music again after many years away from hifi I got what I thought was a reasonable setup. Originally based around cd, I got the system sounding pretty good to me. Then I got an old turntable, got hold of a project phono se amp, dug out my old vinyl and started to read of the superior sound of vinyl over digital.

As much as I was open to believing this, I just was not getting this experience. So set of down the track of upgrade. First New Turntable, then new cartridge. but whilst a small improvement, still not up to my cd setup. Then came the Era Gold V. I won't try and go into detail about my experience, but will say, that was the link that has now made me truthfully realise how Vinyl is listening on an entirely different level to none hi res digital.

I have also had an opportunity to compare my creek 21 SE headphone amp to the GSP products, I am now saving my pennies. (no comparison even at exactly the same price point) 

Thank you to Graham and his team for making products that IMHO are without equal for value in the hifi market.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic