FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 374375376377378 397>
Author
NoRust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 3:58pm
I had the pleasure of hearing the Wood Brothers live at the historic Ryman auditorium in Nashville, TN a few years ago.  I would describe their genre as roots music bringing together folk and blues with a jazz influence.  The place to start would be their top selling album - The Muse .  I have been listening to it this week.  My son gave me this album for my birthday last month and just this week he saw the Wood Brothers live in Santa Cruz, CA.  
J.R.
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 8:15am

Erik Wøllo : Sojourns CD (2022) - Projekt Records | OLDIES.com
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
Mikeh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 5:20pm
One aspect I like about these posts is trying new genre. Couldn't get much more different than Norwegian ambient Erik Wollo and American roots Wood Bros. May not all be on my 'favourites' list but all worth trying. One who has been removed my list is Roger Water after his anti-war statements have recently morphed into pro-Russian ramblings.
Mike

Technics sl1210g with Victor U-2
Accession MM, Majestic + Proprius, Solo ULDE
Cambridge Audio CXC CD player
Lindemann Limetree Bridge streamer
Harbeth P3ESR XD paired with 2x REL t5x
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 7:16pm
Yesterday I was enjoying some albums by the Wood Brothers. Thanks for the tip.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Grumpysaurus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpysaurus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Mikeh Mikeh wrote:

Came across a recommendation for Melanie de Biasio, a Belgium jazz/blues singer and was intrigued enough to stream her album 'No Deal'. She has such a mesmerising voice in simple piano, flute drums arrangements, very atmospheric, immersive sound. Then tried a Giles Peterson remix of the same album. So different, introducing electronic and sampling into the same tracks. Quite an experience. Worth seeing if its to your liking.

Thank you Mike.  I previewed her album Lilies and have purchased a copy.  Looking forward to some late night listening this weekend.
ServerBaboon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ServerBaboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 9:06pm
First two albums from the Bryan Auger & the Trinity ( the ones with Julie Driscol) box set on Soul Bank released last year.

Love the sound of the Hammond organ.

Steve

-------------

Various bits of GSP Kit ..well two so far, unless you count the cables that is.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by RichW RichW wrote:

Erik Wøllo : Sojourns CD (2022) - Projekt Records | OLDIES.com

Haven't heard this one yet but I'm a fan of his work. Recently I've been playing his "Guitar Nova" CD. He has many great albums.
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 374375376377378 397>
  Share Topic