FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 373374375376377 397>
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2023 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Mikeh Mikeh wrote:

Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

Have finished playing Amy Winehouse "At The BBC" today, Well worth getting if your Winehouse fan.

Jonathan, ditto! I also listened to "At The BBC" this afternoon. Loved Amy's vocals, these live recordings really capture her character. Agree it's  a good album, which is not always the case with BBC releases.
I only found the album by chance as I was in town to pay in a cheque that I couldn't do on the phone app, I had paid for two hours parking and still had over an hour left so I popped into hmv and found it.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Mikeh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mikeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 4:01pm
Came across a recommendation for Melanie de Biasio, a Belgium jazz/blues singer and was intrigued enough to stream her album 'No Deal'. She has such a mesmerising voice in simple piano, flute drums arrangements, very atmospheric, immersive sound. Then tried a Giles Peterson remix of the same album. So different, introducing electronic and sampling into the same tracks. Quite an experience. Worth seeing if its to your liking.

Edited by Mikeh - 06 Feb 2023 at 4:52pm
Mike

Technics sl1210g with Victor U-2
Accession MM, Majestic + Proprius, Solo ULDE
Cambridge Audio CXC CD player
Lindemann Limetree Bridge streamer
Harbeth P3ESR XD paired with 2x REL t5x
NoRust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 4:34pm
Thanks Mike.  I will definitely check out Melanie as I enjoy listening to female jazz /blues singers.  Will be listening to the recommended album No Deal shortly! 
J.R.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 7:30pm
Today's pick is Unicorn by Teruo Nakamura. My personal copy is the 2022 reissue on Craftman Records (Japan). Unlike some of the other TBM albums, this one veers away from traditional jazz into some funk experiments and unusual vocals. I quite like this sort of thing because it's different, but it might not be to everyone's taste.

SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 7:45pm
Currently listening to the above mentioned No Deal by Melanie de Biasio, through the 1970s Indulgence amp. I also have her album, Lilies, but I don’t know it so we’ll
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
JohnBrianstown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnBrianstown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by patientot patientot wrote:

Today's pick is Unicorn by Teruo Nakamura. My personal copy is the 2022 reissue on Craftman Records (Japan). Unlike some of the other TBM albums, this one veers away from traditional jazz into some funk experiments and unusual vocals. I quite like this sort of thing because it's different, but it might not be to everyone's taste.

Might not be to everyone's taste, but defo my kind of taste! Listening to Rising Sun now too, from the same artist, and is another jazz-funk journey!

Very nice!!
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 8:28pm
Don't normally do sound track. David Bowie "Moonage Daydream"
As anyone seen the film?
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 373374375376377 397>
  Share Topic