FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 368369370371372 398>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 8:04pm
My battered copy of Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap impressed me, a simple musical formula done well and it's even older than the SL-7 I played it on. "This is s true story. Only the names have been changed."
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 9:33pm
Today's pick is The Magic Whip by Blur. 7 years on and this album holds up well. Might even be my favorite by them.

SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
suede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote suede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 10:31pm
Watching this guy on YouTube killing it with a Yes favourite. Not perfect but very very impressive nonetheless. He does a lot of Genesis songs too.
New life goal, learning to play difficult prog rock on the piano. Big smile

Proprius, Reflex M, Solo UL, Bitzie, CuSats & Spatia
---------------------------------
Johan
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 8:36pm
Had to go into town today to do a bit of Christmas shopping (I hate it) went into hmv and picked up a copy of The Mix by Kraftwerk.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 2:03am
Today's pick is the Shaft soundtrack by Isaac Hayes. My copy is an early 70s U.S. pressing on the Enterprise label, which is a subsidiary of the more famous Stax Records label.

SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
Mikeh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mikeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2022 at 5:06pm

Definitely filling a gap with this one. I have the original King Crimson COTCK but never bought later releases. Red is said to be their best recording. Nice to see the release is not remastered, using original stereo mix, not that this has made it any cheaper!
My only trouble is that I can't get the image of Fripp's wife, Toya, dancing around to this out of my head.

Mike

Technics sl1210g with Victor U-2
Accession MM, Majestic + Proprius, Solo ULDE
Cambridge Audio CXC CD player
Lindemann Limetree Bridge streamer
Harbeth P3ESR XD paired with 2x REL t5x
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 1:59am
Neil Diamond, A Beautiful Noise

Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 368369370371372 398>
  Share Topic