FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 352353354355356 397>
Author
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

Simple Minds "Empires and Dance" in the past I've dismissed this album as not being what they do best but now I've come to appreciate it for what it is, A vary good album.

That's actually my favorite album by them.
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 6:51pm
I will admit it's not my favorite, this has to go to Sparkle in the Rain followed by New Gold Dream but is one of the few bands where I like all their albums the only other band and that is my all time favorite Blondie which I'm now in the process of collecting their live recordings on vinyl or CD.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 10:32pm
Sparkle In The Rain would be my choice too.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 3:14pm

I will admit it's not my favorite, this has to go to Sparkle in the Rain followed by New Gold Dream but is one of the few bands where I like all their albums the only other band and that is my all time favorite Blondie which I'm now in the process of collecting their live recordings on vinyl or CD.

I'm a big fan of the band's work from '79 to '84 or so. I think the era from Empires through New Gold Dream was their peak. I do like Sparkle quite a bit but get off the Simple Minds train after that.
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 3:24pm
Have you heard their live album In The City Of Light, I'm about to play it after "Boygeuius", this album was recommended to me on this forum.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 5:56pm
Mighty Sam McClain - Give It Up For Love

Edited by Chris Firth - 03 Jul 2022 at 5:58pm
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 6:10pm

Have you heard their live album In The City Of Light, I'm about to play it after "Boygeuius", this album was recommended to me on this forum.

I'm not too familiar with their live recordings and should probably check some of them out at some point.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 352353354355356 397>
  Share Topic