FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 350351352353354 397>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 7:20pm
Yes. I spotted that her compilation Complete Picture is Deborah Harry not Debbie.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 10:07pm
Today's pick is the final solo album from Irish songwriter Cathal Coughlan, who passed away last month. He went out on a high note IMHO.

Here's an article about him for those unfamiliar:

SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 10:49pm
Fine choice David. By coincidence I was listening to one of his bands, Fatima Mansions playing Blues For Ceausescu just a few minutes ago.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 9:07pm
I've been working through my Indie Top 20's again and number 9 has that song and a number of others from around 1989. I got into those Beechwood compilations thanks to a cassette from my brother. Later I bought on CD bit occasionally play the cassettes for old times sake.

Currently I am playing volume VIII and Arc-Lite by loop is on right now. Only Losers Take The Bus was on earlier, also by Fatima Mansions. 
Jon

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 9:03pm
i am playing my copy of Touch by Eurythmics on my SL-7. Lots of classic sounds with various synths and some guitars all played well, lots of drum machines, and Annie Lennox's voice. Now the brass and strings, some real drums... I must admit to going down the greatest hits route too often so hearing the album tracks again is great.
Jon

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 7:22pm
I played some tracks from ELP's Brain Salad Surgery today. Very loud and lots of technical skill from the musicians. It is prog in a box. Impressive but I will need to play it again to decide whether my wide listening range goes this far. It may be in the Bitches Brew category.
Jon

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 7:28pm
After Touch I moved onto Revenge and BYT, probably my favourite.
Jon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 350351352353354 397>
  Share Topic