FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 349350351352353 398>
Author
TheScorpionsTale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheScorpionsTale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 4:38pm
Anyone else here into 80s jangly British bands, like The Primitives, The Darling Buds, Transvision Vamp?

Quite by accident I stumbled upon another the other day, The Flatmates. How I came to miss them at the time I don't know, but they've quite passed me by until now. I don't know if they didn't get the airplay, or if it was because they didn't produce an album, but there are two sessions on YT, one from John Peel in 1986, the other from Janice Long the following year.

A couple of the original members re-formed with a new vocalist in 2013 or so:

Nothing sophisticated, just lively and fun.

Edited by TheScorpionsTale - 06 Jun 2022 at 7:05pm
Graham

SL1200 II with SME M2-9R and various carts / Revelation M with PSU-1 / Cyrus amp, CD and streamer / Kralk Audio BC30-3 Floorstanders / Bitzie and Lautus USB
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 6:54pm
Yes I saw quite a lot of jangly guitar bands whilst at college. I can't be sure who I saw but those names are in my memories too. It makes me think of art rock and alt rock. The Blue Aeroplanes remain one of my favourite bands.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 12:42pm
Sharon Van Etten "We've Been Going About This All Wrong"
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 3:54pm
Deborah Harry "Def, Dumb, & Blonde"
I don't normally like artists that go solo as their music style is some times very different from what you are use too from when in their band.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 9:14pm
I have a copy of that LP and play it from time to time.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 6:53pm
I played the first side this morning. Thanks Jon.
Jon

lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 7:14pm
After that album I played Debbie Harry "Rockbird"
Notice she change her name!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 349350351352353 398>
  Share Topic