FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 302303304305306 398>
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 8:07pm
Garbage. No Gods No Masters.
most albums I have there are one or two tracks that I could skip but on this one there is not one, this album made me take out and listen to their 1st album (self titled) this was the album that got me into them after listening to the track Stupid Girl on the radio and a album I always got back to when listening to their other albums, I think this is going another one, to me it's that good. If like me you like Garbage (the band) this album is a must have and to me the best album they have made in a long time.
One word of warning on Am---n they sell the album (vinyl) with out the swear words (bloody critically correct gone mad)  and it costs more don't get conned I got my copy from H-V and they sell it on coloured vinyl and black both with the swear words 
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Simon1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 12:14am
Just listening to 'The Super-Natural' from the 1967 John Mayall album A Hard Road. Peter Green on lead guitar. I don't know how a 21 year old can play with that depth of soul - let alone the virtuosity.
Michell Gyrodec / Kiseki-Milltec, Accession MM, Thorens TD124 / Shure M75, Sugden A21 AL S2, B&W 801
Mikeh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 11:14am
Hi Simon, if you enjoy Peter Green's guitar work you might like the 2004 release 'Man of the World: The Anthology 1968-1988'. I've been listening on streaming service but will have to find a copy. It's a superb collection of his tracks.  A more recent release 'Mick Fleetwood & Friends Celebrate the Music of Peter Green' is a fabulous live recording of his music by some tremendous musicians.  The vinyl is probably the best recording I've heard for a long time.
Mike

Technics sl1210g with Victor U-2
Accession MM, Majestic + Proprius, Solo ULDE
Cambridge Audio CXC CD player
Lindemann Limetree Bridge streamer
Harbeth P3ESR XD paired with 2x REL t5x
Simon1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 9:51pm
Thank you Mike.  I will look out for the Anthology.  That is a great suggestion.

I am currently listening to Al Stewart's 'Early Years' album, bought in 1981 while a student...
peterb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 5:57pm
In case it is not one you have heard, 'Blues For Greeny' by Gary Moore is definitely worth a listen. 
I have to own up to being biased as GM is one of my favourites and the fact the recording was made using Peter Green's Les Paul makes just that bit more special.
Peter
---------------------------------------
Dual 505-1, Cyrus CD T, DIY 80W MosFet amp and PreAmp, 2xKEF 103.2
Simon1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 7:08pm
Thank you Peter

I will listen to this.  I love the way Gary Moore played.  I need to appreciate some of the music more, but the playing is very special, so I will give this a listen.

That is a great connection using Green's guitar.

Currently listening to Heidi Talbot 'in love and light' album.  She does a great version of Tom Waites' song 'Time'

Thanks again.

Simon
Michell Gyrodec / Kiseki-Milltec, Accession MM, Thorens TD124 / Shure M75, Sugden A21 AL S2, B&W 801
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 8:52pm
I'd second the recommendation of Blues for Greeny.  I was enjoying a selection of tracks this morning including some from Reggatta de Blanc.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 302303304305306 398>
  Share Topic