FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 294295296297298 398>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 9:43pm
I enjoyed some records this afternoon and evening including:
Groves/RLPO - Bridge: "The Sea [etc]"
Best of B.B. King
Beats International "Excursion on the Version" and "Bingo Beats"
Throwing Muses "Hunkpapa"

My thanks to Mr Slee and his colleagues and of course to those inovlved in the production of the LP's.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 6:59pm
INXS-Kick have not played them in years. What a album IMO
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

INXS-Kick have not played them in years. What a album IMO

I like it a lot too. The one I reach for the most by them lately is Welcome to Wherever You Are which is sort of underrated in their catalog IMHO. I also play Listen Like Thieves regularly when I want to hear INXS. 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 6:11pm
Today's pick is LC by The Durutti Column, which is an old favorite. Originally released on Factory Records in 1981. My copy is a Spanish pressing on Nuevos Medios from 1982. 

SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 7:43pm
Just got it, Hit ME! The Best of Ian Dury. I liked the hits so took a chance on this and I am not disappointed, back in the day I just did not know how good he was
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Kory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 7:58pm
The last three days I've been listening to the amazing recording of Prokofiev's entire Romeo and Juliet. We rarely, hear the music in it's entirety. I've played and conducted the Suites and often personal suites compiled from the three orchestral suites, and that's how concert audiences usually hear the music. Even ballet performances don't usually play all the movements. SO three days ago I pulled out a recording I've had for well over 30 years, the full ballet with Maazel and the Cleveland Orchestra on Decca. Their first recording with Decca. It has been glorious. The performance is completely spectacular, what amazing playing, tempos and balance are fantastic. But the recording itself is astonishing. Simply astonishing. Amazing dynamics, and the separation and location of instruments is jaw dropping. This recording belongs on every audiophile's "showcase vinyl" list. It jumped into my top 10 list immediately. And this music is not just a secondary piece recorded well. Top drawer music and recording. Can't recommend it more highly.
Kory

Hana ML, Zu/Denon 103 Mk. II, Ortofon 2M Black, Accession MM/Elevator EXP/PSU-1 Enigma/Lautus interconnects, Apogee Duet II, SOTA Nova, CJ 17LS2, Adcom 7805, VTL MB 300 Deluxe, Infinity IRS Beta
Ernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 8:17pm
Hi Kory,
Are listening via the Accession? Thanks for the recommendation.
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 294295296297298 398>
  Share Topic