FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 260261262263264 397>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 3:36pm
My copy of MIJ came inside a classical boxset that cost £4. After careful cleaning I have enjoyed the fine live album more than the box set! So that's +5 I think.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 7:00pm
Theon Cross - Fyah LP

Can't remember if I've posted about this album before here or not, but it continues to impress me with each listen. You wouldn't think someone could make a good sounding album with tuba in a lead role, but it works here. If you want to give your speakers or headphones a good bass workout, this album will do it. 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

My copy of MIJ came inside a classical boxset that cost £4. After careful cleaning I have enjoyed the fine live album more than the box set! So that's +5 I think.

You lucky, lucky ba.....

I did find a Porky cut 1st edition release for £4.00 - George Peckham knew a thing or two about getting the best out a recording on the cutting lathe Smile

Edited by Chris Firth - 08 Oct 2019 at 7:34pm
lwdykes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lwdykes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 12:33am
I was spinning vinyl with a couple of friends the other night and we put on the 2016 180g remaster of Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here. Everyone remarked how incredible that album sounds! Here is a link to that pressing:

lwdykes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lwdykes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 2:07am
Another stellar LP I just listened to is Rickie Lee Jones debut album, the 180g Rhino reissue from 2008 remastered by Gray & Hoffman.
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 8:03pm
Today is the 50th Anniversary of this masterpiece Smile

King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King

Fernando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fernando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 10:11pm
The best prog rock album ever, I bought it 45 years ago.
The Selling England by the Pound of Genesis, also one the best albuns of all times too, in my view 

Edited by Fernando - 11 Oct 2019 at 5:35pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 260261262263264 397>
  Share Topic