FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 245246247248249 398>
Author
SnrDidcot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnrDidcot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 5:49pm
Bought an excellent copy of Brain Salad Surgery by ELP in a local charity shop yesterday, listened to last night, loved it. To be honest, not the first time I've heard it, someone lent it to me back in 1981 and I just wasn't having with it. Shows I suppose that not only do our HiFi's get better over time but some does are level of dis-concerning listening. Wink   

Edited by SnrDidcot - 28 Feb 2019 at 5:50pm
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 6:46pm
I enjoyed ELP in concert in 1974. Brain Salad Surgery it was for sure!WackoBeer
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
Lucabeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucabeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 11:00am
Today it's Eminem "The Marshall Mathers LP". Still a great album, even if you don't like rap. Highly satirical, vitriolic. And that bass really shines with the Solo ULDE and the Denon AH-D7000 headphones.

Edited by Lucabeer - 10 Mar 2019 at 11:01am
Kory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 2:46pm
Just thought I'd share one of my most recent vinyl thrills. It's the Danish String Quartet's "Last Leaf." I truly amazing album. Heard them live a couple weeks ago and they were thrilling. I've had this album on digital for well over a year, and didn't know if was out on vinyl. When I got the vinyl I was just amazed at how real and vibrant they were. I enthusiastically recommend this album!!
Kory

Hana ML, Zu/Denon 103 Mk. II, Ortofon 2M Black, Accession MM/Elevator EXP/PSU-1 Enigma/Lautus interconnects, Apogee Duet II, SOTA Nova, CJ 17LS2, Adcom 7805, VTL MB 300 Deluxe, Infinity IRS Beta
SnrDidcot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnrDidcot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 8:31pm
And today it was one of my favourite albums , and also one I regards as quite underrated and that album is Tracy Chapman's Crossroads. Beautiful songs, beautifully played altogether in a beautifully produced album. First time through my Graham Slee Amp, wow what a difference.

Edited by SnrDidcot - 10 Mar 2019 at 8:32pm
Pjotr into music View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pjotr into music Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 6:35am
very underrated, while not as perfect as her debut it is still a wonderful album
Fuzzy View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fuzzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 10:32am
I love Beethoven 5 and 7 by the Vienna Philharmonic conducted by Carlos Kleiber. I am on the fence about buying the LP (Deutsche Grammofon 2530 516) to be able to experience them in that way.
Jan

Majestic DAC
Proprius
Gram Amp 2 SE
Solo SRGII
Solo ULDE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 245246247248249 398>
  Share Topic