FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 240241242243244 397>
Author
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 1:45pm
yes. Yes. YES!!!
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 7:16pm
I've just come across a set of amazing videos of the Danish National Symphony Orchestra playing 12 classic movie themes - like The Good The Bad and The Ugly, Kill Bill, Taxi Driver, The Godfather.

Look here https://www.youtube.com/user/Koncerthuset/videos and scroll down to "6 months ago" to find them.

Superb live performances.

Here's a sample:

Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 10:11pm
Thank you Bob ! Great find !
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by morris_minor morris_minor wrote:

I've just come across a set of amazing videos of the Danish National Symphony Orchestra playing 12 classic movie themes - like The Good The Bad and The Ugly, Kill Bill, Taxi Driver, The Godfather.

Look here https://www.youtube.com/user/Koncerthuset/videos and scroll down to "6 months ago" to find them.

Superb live performances.

Here's a sample:

Thank you again Bob, the links have a lot of excellent performances.
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
jango View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 5:22pm
I recently found a copy of Crazy Legs by Donald Austin, that I've really been enjoying. There isn't a lot of info on him out there, but he was a session guy for Motown who also did some arrangements for the Ohio Players. He recorded only one album of 13 instrumentals, Crazy Legs, before fading to obscurity after Motown left Detroit. The best tracks aren't available on YouTube, but here's the title track: https://youtu.be/Ufg6g_Y9pTE 

RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 9:27pm
Brilliant & bonkers.
On vinyl.
Image result for the orb albums

Edited by RichW - 24 Sep 2018 at 9:30pm
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 9:12pm
The appearance of the Kate Bush 2018 Remasters on vinyl has inspired me to preorder three of my favourites (The Dreaming, The Hounds of Love, Aerial) and to play the first two on my SL1210 tonight. Alas I can't play Aerial on vinyl at the moment, one of my regrets that will be rectified before too long!

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 240241242243244 397>
  Share Topic