FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 372373374375376 397>
Author
NoRust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 10:30pm
Leon Bridges is my go to artist for today.  Try him out if you have not heard him.  Somewhere between Soul and R&B style wise.  A bit of Otis Redding flair. The album Texas Sun with Bridges and a group named Khruangbin is worth listening to.  
J.R.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 7:38am
Thomas Beecham's 1959 Symphonie Fantastique is delightful and I moved onto his Peer Gynt. Thanks to my Majestic dac for bringing the music to life.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

Thomas Beecham's 1959 Symphonie Fantastique is delightful and I moved onto his Peer Gynt. Thanks to my Majestic dac for bringing the music to life.
Was the Berlioz this one, Jon? Mono or stereo?
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 3:13pm
Yes and in stereo. I played it in Roon from Tidal.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Mikeh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by NoRust NoRust wrote:

Leon Bridges is my go to artist for today. Try him out if you have not heard him. Somewhere between Soul and R&B style wise. A bit of Otis Redding flair. The album Texas Sun with Bridges and a group named Khruangbin is worth listening to.

Good intro to Bridges, not heard him or his band before. Thanks!
Mike

Technics sl1210g with Victor U-2
Accession MM, Majestic + Proprius, Solo ULDE
Cambridge Audio CXC CD player
Lindemann Limetree Bridge streamer
Harbeth P3ESR XD paired with 2x REL t5x
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 7:19pm
Have finished playing Amy Winehouse "At The BBC" today, Well worth getting if your Winehouse fan.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Mikeh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

Have finished playing Amy Winehouse "At The BBC" today, Well worth getting if your Winehouse fan.

Jonathan, ditto! I also listened to "At The BBC" this afternoon. Loved Amy's vocals, these live recordings really capture her character. Agree it's  a good album, which is not always the case with BBC releases.
Mike

Technics sl1210g with Victor U-2
Accession MM, Majestic + Proprius, Solo ULDE
Cambridge Audio CXC CD player
Lindemann Limetree Bridge streamer
Harbeth P3ESR XD paired with 2x REL t5x
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 372373374375376 397>
  Share Topic