FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 370371372373374 397>
Author
TheScorpionsTale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheScorpionsTale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 7:31pm
[QUOTE

An eighties throwback, I am enjoying 'The Hounds of Love' as I write, heard through my 1970's active loudspeakers. It always impresses me.
[/QUOTE]

+1 Always a great listen.
Graham

SL1200 II with SME M2-9R and various carts / Revelation M with PSU-1 / Cyrus amp, CD and streamer / Kralk Audio BC30-3 Floorstanders / Bitzie and Lautus USB
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 7:51pm
Thanks Graham. I played it twice last week.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
TimW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TimW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 9:26pm
Having a Marley / Wailers night tonight. There’s something about the sound of reggae on vinyl. You can’t beat it.
L*nn LP12, Jelco 750D, AT440MLb / Technics 1200 MKII (Various Carts) / GS Gram Amp 2 SE / Audiolab and Arcam Amplification / Mission 752 Freedom / Dynaudio Audience 42
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2023 at 5:00pm
Today's pick is Atalaya, the 2022 album by contemporary jazz bassist Dezron Douglas.

SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2023 at 9:51pm
Inspired by a Roon posting I am enjoying Piatigorsky playing Dvorak's cello concerto with the Boston SO and Charles Munch.. I enjoyed Walton's cello concerto last night.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Help with bass View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Help with bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 3:50pm
After hearing the sad news yesterday about David Crosby passing away, I have been listening to "The Byrds Collection" (CCSLP151), a 1986 vinyl release on Castle Communications. It's a good-sounding compilation record which preserves a lot of the ambience of the original CBS recordings. 

After that I have enjoyed the UK Atlantic Records releases of "Crosby, Stills & Nash" (K40033; 1969) and Crosby, Stills & Nash and Young "Déjà Vu" (K50001; 1970).

I paid pennies for both these records at car boot sales in that golden era in the late '80s when vinyl was being given away almost for free, and the pleasure I'm still getting from these records today is priceless to me.

RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 12:40am
Jeff Beck's playing on this album is wonderful. RIP Jeff.
It's a paradox that Waters' ego is almost as monstrous as the music he created.

Roger Waters CD Album Amused To Death COMPLETE 2000 Columbia CK 47127 Prog Rock - Picture 1 of 1

Edited by RichW - 28 Jan 2023 at 12:42am
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 370371372373374 397>
  Share Topic