FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 347348349350351 398>
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 4:26pm
I was leaning towards Ziggy Stardust as it gets good reviews but I was just not sure, but I think I'll have a listen to the four of your recommendations on youtube. I have been using youtube a lot lately to hear new music as I don't do streaming.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Mikeh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 5:27pm
All of Jon's suggestions are excellent. Not so many of Bowie's later albums get highly rated but try listening to Blackstar. I find it excellent, a bit somber but so many layers of sound combine on some outstanding tracks. A regular listen for me.
Mike

Technics sl1210g with Victor U-2
Accession MM, Majestic + Proprius, Solo ULDE
Cambridge Audio CXC CD player
Lindemann Limetree Bridge streamer
Harbeth P3ESR XD paired with 2x REL t5x
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 4:59pm
I've just got hold of a copy of David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust will play it sometime after cleaning. I also got today LCD Sound System's This is Happening.       
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 9:21pm
Got the Ziggy Stardust album cleaned, I have now enjoyed it.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 9:37pm
Excellent!
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 9:44am
By the way I didn't listen to the album prior to purchase I just took a chance. I listen to it with speakers then with headphones, I seem to pick out more though my headphones and enjoyed it more for some reason.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 9:14pm
Hunky Dory is my favourite. I played it the night David Bowie's death was announced. But Ziggy is a great starter. Aladdin Sane would he my next suggestion. I agree about Blackstar being very good too.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 347348349350351 398>
  Share Topic