FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 306307308309310 397>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 9:22pm
I also enjoy the convenience of digital playback and can be guilty of skipping tracks. Good tip Jon about keeping the remote control out of easy reach.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 10:15pm
The remote thing was a tip from a mate.
I have just finished listening to all the Zutons albums, Not one bad album. It's a pity they are no more.
Going back to the skipping issue that's one thing you can't do with a Pink Floyd album it just don't work.
The other good thing going for digital is late night listening with the danger of falling to sleep, You don't want to do that with vinyl, I think you know what I mean!!!
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Help with bass View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Help with bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 7:39pm
The Pentangle (eponymous debut), Transatlantic (TRA162). This is a wonderful sounding album, with liner notes by the late and much missed John Peel.
I did power off my Accession MM for a few days last week out of necessity, and switched it back on about 4-5 days ago and I think I am hearing that it’s nicely warmed up again now. 
Simon1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 8:22pm
I only came across The Pentangle recently.  I have been looking out for some of their early albums. 
Michell Gyrodec / Kiseki-Milltec, Accession MM, Thorens TD124 / Shure M75, Sugden A21 AL S2, B&W 801
magical_mouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magical_mouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 12:53pm
I bought the platinum triple billie holiday compilation on vinyl and listened to it right the way through - it was wonderful - for some reason billue always sounds good on cd but wonderful on vinyl - although my wife did wonder why i needed yet more records of billie

d
magical_mouse
Simon1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 7:05pm
sounds like a good recommendation
Michell Gyrodec / Kiseki-Milltec, Accession MM, Thorens TD124 / Shure M75, Sugden A21 AL S2, B&W 801
magical_mouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magical_mouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 8:02am
It was on white vinyl which did concern me as coloured vinyl has a reputation as noisy but its ok

d
magical_mouse
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 306307308309310 397>
  Share Topic