FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 305306307308309 397>
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 6:56pm
Derek
I do like live recordings, there's just something about them.
I bet Joe Jackson put on a good show. I have not got round to seeing any videos of him yet.
The live recordings I have I like to listen with my headphones on and close my eyes on a vary good recording it's almost like your there.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Suggs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 7:27am
We only saw him once, doing the Night and Day tour...fantastic performer and a top rate band
Derek
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 6:44pm
I think I may have seen that on the TV it may have been Sky arts, when we were on lockdown the BBC and Channel 5 or 4 were showing a lot of live recordings on Friday and Saturday nights, As I couldn't go to the pub it was something to pass the time away of a evening. The sound may not of been good as I was listening from the TVs speakers but it was nice to see the bands preforming.
I do have 2 live recordings that are official, Joe Jackson Trio Live Music Europe 2010 and Joe Jackson live 1980/86. The 1st one on vinyl 2nd CD both are vary good recordings
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2021 at 4:18pm

Angela (Theme From 'Taxi') - Bob James (1978)

Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 4:38pm
today I was moving furniture around and knock over one of the CD racks, as my CD collection is in alphabetical order the one that fell over ends in Z as I was ending putting back the CDs the last ones was The Zutons so I played the album, You Can Do Anything. I can't remember the last time I played an album of theirs. This to me is not their best album but is still vary good and now I am going to listen to the rest of their albums.
It's funny how you forget what's in your music collection and it takes something like this (knocking things over) to remind you of what you do have.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 4:49pm
Great choice Jon.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 6:22pm
Jon
They are all on CD but that does not bother me (I'm not getting into vinyl vs digital debate) I do prefer vinyl but it is more to do with the, all things of playing vinyl than the quality side of things (for want of a better way of saying it) One good thing with CD is being able to play the album and sit back and relax putting the remote away from where I'm sitting so I don't skip tracks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 305306307308309 397>
  Share Topic