FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 303304305306307 397>
Author
Simon1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 9:20pm
Thank you Jon.

I should probably listen to Regatta de Blanc too.  At the time I wasn't drawn to The Police, but I think I would appreciate them more now. 
Simon
Michell Gyrodec / Kiseki-Milltec, Accession MM, Thorens TD124 / Shure M75, Sugden A21 AL S2, B&W 801
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 10:23am
You are welcome Simon. You won't find any Peter Green blues on the Police LP's but they are good musicians.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Mikeh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 10:44am
Listening to Moby Reprise this morning after fitting the last piece of Slee in my analogue chain. I've been a bit of a cable sceptic in the past, I mean how much difference could 50cm of Spatia cable make? No longer, it's as if the last of the flood gates have been opened. On a complex recording like this it seems to have released more of the layers of sound. How could I have missed the scratch of a drum brush before or the background synth that are so obvious now?
I'm not a great Moby fan, I think I have heard a couple of his earlier cd's that my daughter owned but this remix is superb. The orchestration and  soaring vocal arrangement is amazing. Well worth a listen IMHO.
Mike

Technics sl1210g with Victor U-2
Accession MM, Majestic + Proprius, Solo ULDE
Cambridge Audio CXC CD player
Lindemann Limetree Bridge streamer
Harbeth P3ESR XD paired with 2x REL t5x
Simon1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 2:25pm
I will try Moby Reprise later.  

Interesting what you say about the Spatia Cables.  I will have to add those to my list for the future...

I am hearing so much more of the music with my fairly recent system.  I have been auditioning the Reflex M and Era Gold V.  

Simon

Michell Gyrodec / Kiseki-Milltec, Accession MM, Thorens TD124 / Shure M75, Sugden A21 AL S2, B&W 801
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 6:11pm
They are great cables, similar experience here as I heard more details from the music I had heard mant time. I heard the loan pair of Spatia cables and sold my existing T***m Q B**k speaker cables soon after.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Simon1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Mikeh Mikeh wrote:

Hi Simon, if you enjoy Peter Green's guitar work you might like the 2004 release 'Man of the World: The Anthology 1968-1988'. I've been listening on streaming service but will have to find a copy. It's a superb collection of his tracks.  A more recent release 'Mick Fleetwood & Friends Celebrate the Music of Peter Green' is a fabulous live recording of his music by some tremendous musicians.  The vinyl is probably the best recording I've heard for a long time.

I just bought 'Man of the World: The Anthology' on your recommendation Mike and I am completely bowled over by guitar work of course but also by the clarity of the recording.  I have only just reached the end of side 1 but it is extraordinary. Thank you.
Simon
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 7:50pm
This album I'd forgotten I had, Joe Jackson. Live, Whiskey A-Go-Go, Hollywood  May 12, 1979. label RADIO LOOPLOOP. It's got some of the greats (for me anyway) Sunday Papers, Look Sharp, Fools In Love, Is She Really Going Out With Him. This is a great recording
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 303304305306307 397>
  Share Topic