FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 300301302303304 397>
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 8:23pm
Hi Jon
I have picked up some Vinyl from charity shops for a few pounds in the past but as my mates and me have found this is becoming harder, It seems that most have got wise to the popularity of vinyl and may be selling them off to 2nd hand record shops to get the best price for them. CAN'T BLAME FOR THAT a good way of getting the most money for them and their charity.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Mikeh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mikeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 10:26am
Got a copy of Mick Fleetwood & Friends, concert of Pete Green music.  It's the 4 l.p. black vinyl set.  Has to be the best recording I've listened to for years.  Superb sound from an excellent mix of musicians. A must for anyone liking blues guitar. 
Mike

Technics sl1210g with Victor U-2
Accession MM, Majestic + Proprius, Solo ULDE
Cambridge Audio CXC CD player
Lindemann Limetree Bridge streamer
Harbeth P3ESR XD paired with 2x REL t5x
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

Hi Jon
I have picked up some Vinyl from charity shops for a few pounds in the past but as my mates and me have found this is becoming harder, It seems that most have got wise to the popularity of vinyl and may be selling them off to 2nd hand record shops to get the best price for them. CAN'T BLAME FOR THAT a good way of getting the most money for them and their charity.

Yes most charity shops now have a high proportion of easy listening LP's and not the old numbers of albums I would want to buy. That said I like the hunt for decent vinyl and rare finds are more exciting that way I suppose.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

Yes most charity shops now have a high proportion of easy listening LP's and not the old numbers of albums I would want to buy. That said I like the hunt for decent vinyl and rare finds are more exciting that way I suppose.

We call them thrift shops here in the U.S. :)

The ones in any place I've lived in over the last 8-9 years have been pretty dry. It's all Mantovani strings, KTel comps, basically records no one wants. I do know there are people in certain areas that strike gold sometimes, but I've never been that lucky.

People know the score and professional flippers and record store employees hit these shops and scoop up everything before the average Joe can grab those LPs. I just don't have the time to be competing with all those people.

Some thrift shops also put stuff on eBay or keep it in the store locked up behind a glass case at crazy "antique mall" type prices for records in terrible condition.

I think the days of really cheap used records are long gone, at least in my area. Not that I don't find good stuff at used record shops still...but I'm not getting anything for a dollar or two either.
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
Help with bass View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Help with bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 12:35pm

Laurie Anderson “Big Science”, Warner Bros, 1982.  There is a paranoid feeling to this album that I find comfort in during these times.  

Accession MM in very full effect. This phono preamp has raised the bar for resolution in my system so high that it now seems to stand in the centre of a revealing light that’s shed on all before it (in the signal path).  

In German, ‘Lichtung’, or ‘clearing’.  In any language, Remarkable! 

elwood p dowd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elwood p dowd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 4:43pm
read footballer pat nevin's top 13 albums on the quietus 
& listened to trespassers william, who i'd never heard of before
their version of ride's vapour trails is a delight
this is why events unnerve me
kgilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Mikeh Mikeh wrote:

Got a copy of Mick Fleetwood & Friends, concert of Pete Green music.  It's the 4 l.p. black vinyl set.  Has to be the best recording I've listened to for years.  Superb sound from an excellent mix of musicians. A must for anyone liking blues guitar. 

Thanks for the recommendation.  I am a big Peter Green fan but wasn't sure I needed a "tribute" album. Perhaps I will pick this one up.
His originals are still available and one of my favorites is the live show at the Boston Tea Party.
Keith

Marantz TT-15S1, Maestro V2, Accession MM, Icon Audio Stereo 40 Mk lll, Wharfedale Jade 3.

Mac Mini, BitPerfect, Dynaudio Xeo2

Marantz SA-15S1, Apple TV, Cambridge CXA60, B&W DM2000, REL Sub
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 300301302303304 397>
  Share Topic