FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 297298299300301 397>
Author
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 1:15am
"[I Know] I'm Losing You" by Rare Earth

My LP sounds better than this...
on the Ecology album
I have a GREEN vinyl, 180gm, new release coming soon.

I'll let you know if the GREEN sounds good.Cool

Edited by BAK - 26 Feb 2021 at 1:39am
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 1:36am

"Born To Wander" by Rare Earth

Another song from the Ecology album

Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 3:51pm
Deacon Blue : RAINTOWN. I only had few (2) of their albums that I had bought in the past and that was a long long time ago so when I got this recommendation from Am-z-n I thought I'd give it a listen on Youtube and after a few tracks I decide to get the album on vinyl GLAD I DID what album. IMO better than some of their latter stuff that I have got round to listening too, Only to see if there was any other of their albums I should get 
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
TimW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TimW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 7:39pm
Tindersticks new album “Distractions” is my fave new release of the year so far. More electronic sounding than the older albums I have of theirs. Lots of sparse instrumentation, lovely smokey vocals and a Neil Young cover as the side one closer.

There’s a bass heavy 11 minute opener, a funked up cover of Television Personalities “You’ll Have To Scream Louder” and a delicate song sung in French with just piano accompanying.

The only disappointment was missing out on the limited dark blue vinyl edition. Had to settle for plain old black.

It turned up this week just in time to be the “guinea pig” record for my new home-made wooden headshell.
L*nn LP12, Jelco 750D, AT440MLb / Technics 1200 MKII (Various Carts) / GS Gram Amp 2 SE / Audiolab and Arcam Amplification / Mission 752 Freedom / Dynaudio Audience 42
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by TimW TimW wrote:

Tindersticks new album “Distractions” is my fave new release of the year so far. More electronic sounding than the older albums I have of theirs. Lots of sparse instrumentation, lovely smokey vocals and a Neil Young cover as the side one closer.

There’s a bass heavy 11 minute opener, a funked up cover of Television Personalities “You’ll Have To Scream Louder” and a delicate song sung in French with just piano accompanying.

The only disappointment was missing out on the limited dark blue vinyl edition. Had to settle for plain old black.

It turned up this week just in time to be the “guinea pig” record for my new home-made wooden headshell.

I really like this band but haven't heard any of the material really since the late 90s. I need to catch up on their catalog. 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
TimW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TimW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 7:26pm
It sounds very different to the first two self-titled albums from the mid-90s, but that rich, twenty Marlboro Red vocal is still there. 

Patientot - If you’re in the States they still have the limited dark blue vinyl available from dealers over there.
L*nn LP12, Jelco 750D, AT440MLb / Technics 1200 MKII (Various Carts) / GS Gram Amp 2 SE / Audiolab and Arcam Amplification / Mission 752 Freedom / Dynaudio Audience 42
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:53pm
Today's pick is Without Mercy by The Durutti Column. My copy is an old pressing on Factory Records. 

I've also been listening to the 4xCD reissue box set on Factory Benelux. 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 297298299300301 397>
  Share Topic