FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 284285286287288 398>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 7:27pm
I watched an old BBC documentary about the Rockfield Studios in Wales and Robert Plant's section about his solo album, Principle of Moments, inspired me to play it. A very interesting mix of classic rock elements and synthesisers, big rock drium sounds and some drum machines. "Don't cross your fingers..."

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Pushpaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pushpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 9:05pm
today I’m spinning The Magnificent Thad Jones - Music Matters 33 (Mono) on my turntable. Using a Goldring 1042 and my new GS Reflex M w/ mono switch. Also spun Gillian Welch - Soul Journey. Two phenomenal AAA pressings that are even more natural sounding and enjoyable with my GS phono stage. 
TimW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TimW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 7:17pm
Currently enjoying Focus by Stan Getz (Mono). A pleasant mix of sax and orchestra for a fiver from my local second hand emporium. Got myself set up with a new stylus for a Stanton 500 II cartridge I found in a drawer left over from DJing days. Not got the luxury of a mono switch on the Gram Amp 2 SE, so I’ve installed a couple of Y RCA connectors between the Technics 1200 MkII and the phono stage. Haven’t blown anything up yet and Stan is holding his own against the violins.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 10:37pm
Today's pick is Tangerine Dream's 1980 album Tangram. While many people seem to think TD took a nosedive in the 80s I think it would be a mistake to overlook an album like this one...

SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
Grumpysaurus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpysaurus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 12:22am
Donny Hathaway, Extension of a Man. Music like this never ends.

Extension of a Man [VINYL]
AlTho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlTho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 7:29am
The Kinks are much mentioned here. Excellent. Even when very young, preferred them to the Beatles to which I would say they are vastly superior.
But on vinyl listened to Carmen Mcrae who gives me goose bumps
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 7:26pm
Personally I prefer the Beatles but the Kinks are very good too. I listened to Village Green PS this week, great. 
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 284285286287288 398>
  Share Topic