FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 280281282283284 397>
Author
chapsjon View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chapsjon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 11:40am
Listening to all 32 track of Eva Cassidy "Nightbird" on 7 LPs at 45RPM. I am amazed. Being a musician, I can hardly believe The first 31 tracks were all recorded live with one take by a mobile recording truck at a club in DC in 1996. She and the band are amazing. And she said she didn't think it was her best because she had a cold! This is so good, I almost feel that I am there!
chapsjon View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chapsjon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 12:26pm
Followed up Eva Cassidy with Dire Straits (self-titled), original Japanese pressing. Amazing copy, and amazing record. One of the things I love most about my Jazz Club phonostage is completely black background: immersive.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 4:05am
Shack - The Corner of Miles and Gil 2xLP 

Final album of somewhat 60s inspired guitar pop from this band featuring ex-members of the Pale Fountains. A shame most of their recordings are out of print. I'll be honest and say this particular LP pressing isn't the best, but the music is good enough that I can ignore the flaws. I'll have to pick up the CD version when I can. 

SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
VinodCrispon View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VinodCrispon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 7:20am
Hi,
I have only listened to this album on CD and it sounds good. 
Just a quick question, how do you manage to upload pics, When I post pics it fails to upload. Hoping you can share the trick Tongue
Vinod Vincent

Elevator & Accession w PSU-1/ Majestic w Enigma/ Cusat/ Lautus
TT: Amazon 1(Candenza Bronze)
Amp: Accuphase E650
CD/Streamer: OPPO UDP205/CYRUS StreamX2
Speaker: Dynaudio Contour S3.4
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by VinodCrispon VinodCrispon wrote:

Hi,
I have only listened to this album on CD and it sounds good. 
Just a quick question, how do you manage to upload pics, When I post pics it fails to upload. Hoping you can share the trick Tongue

Hi, I use Imgur.com for hosting pictures. I upload there and cut and paste the correct link here in the forum (the link labeled as being for message boards/forums). 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
Knekten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Knekten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 10:55pm
Hi,

Last night I woke up with a tune I could not get out of my head. Absolutely no idea where it came from. The name "Mr Jones" was repeated several times. No, it wasnt Counting Crowes... Spent the evening before looking on a Slade documentary but I was certainly sure it wasnt from that. Then I remembered I was looking at Peaky Blinders just before that and suddenly I got it: Richard Hawley with this fanatstic cover of Bob Dylans "Ballad of a Thin Man". There is lots of real good music in Peaky Blinders I must say!

Stay safe
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 12:17am
Hi Knekten
Got the album a BBC recording called
By Order of The Peaky Blinders
some of the bands on it
Joy Division, Radiohead, Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds, Jack White,  The White Stripes, PJ Harvey, Black Sabbath, David Bowie. Not a bad track on it, Well worth getting
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 280281282283284 397>
  Share Topic