FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 279280281282283 397>
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 5:16pm
Hi all
Not music that's impressed me but have been listen to The Stranglers, greatest hits 1977-1990 on CD in the the car any thoughts on what album to get?
got the greatest hits because I was not a big fan but liked some of the hits when I was younger so it was a safe bet (I think I got in 1992 not sure)
But it's got me thinking

Jonathan

Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 5:59pm
Avoid anything more recent than “10”. I have them all but among my favourites are Black & White, Aural Sculpture and Dreamtime.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
rockyboris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockyboris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 4:58am
Raising Sand 
Robert Plant and Allison Krause

If you like bass it will blow you away.
GSP Majestic Enigma PSU1
GSP Proprius
GSP Accession M Enigma PSU1
GSP interconnects
Rega Planar 6. Sumiko Blackbird cart
Klipsch Heresy Mark 4
Audio Arts cables
Rel T-7 subs
fluddite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fluddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 6:03pm
The Zombies - Odessey and Oracle - as disc 2 of the Epic twofer Time of the Zombies from the early/mid 70s. Someone on the Hoffman forums suggested this was the best way to pick up a UK stereo version from something like the original masters - and it does indeed sound much better IMHO than my Big Beat 30th Anniversary Edition.

Reason for choice - in memoriam Terry Quirk, the man who gave us that memorable misspelling of "Odyssey" in the first place: http://https://ultimateclassicrock.com/terry-quirk-zombies-dies/
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by fluddite fluddite wrote:

The Zombies - Odessey and Oracle - as disc 2 of the Epic twofer Time of the Zombies from the early/mid 70s. Someone on the Hoffman forums suggested this was the best way to pick up a UK stereo version from something like the original masters - and it does indeed sound much better IMHO than my Big Beat 30th Anniversary Edition.

Reason for choice - in memoriam Terry Quirk, the man who gave us that memorable misspelling of "Odyssey" in the first place: http://https://ultimateclassicrock.com/terry-quirk-zombies-dies/

Love that album. Definitely would like to hear that version - read good things about it as well. 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
fluddite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fluddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 9:29pm
You won't be disappointed! Smile
chapsjon View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chapsjon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 11:37am
I too like the Raising Sand Album. A big fan of both Robert Plant and Alison Krauss. Who would have ever though they'd go together so well?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 279280281282283 397>
  Share Topic