FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 263264265266267 397>
Author
lwdykes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwdykes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 2:23am
I've been enjoying the 2016 remaster of this gem.

patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 3:20am
Originally posted by lwdykes lwdykes wrote:

I've been enjoying the 2016 remaster of this gem.

My favorite Pink Floyd album. I still listen to the early 90s CD mastered by Doug Sax. At some point I should pick up the latest CD remaster to compare. 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 3:22am
This album never fails to impress me when I put it on - CD or vinyl - both sound great and it's timeless IMHO. 

SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 8:52am
Yes! I’d just finished listening to it when I read your post. It’s an album I loved as a teenager, but now I hear so many more layers than ever before. The benefit of aging!
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 1:37pm

She's the one in fifty million
Who can help us to be free

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
lwdykes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwdykes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 2:29pm
Currently listening to this one on vinyl. We wore this out cruising out in SoCal desert when it was released. That was the year I graduated HS. It was cassette tapes in the car back then.
And along with it; ZZ Top Tres Hombres and Golden Earring Radar Love. All great driving music!

RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 10:14am
'The bosses get talking so tough
And if that wasn’t evil enough
We get the drunken and passionate pride
Of the citizens along for the ride
They shoot without shame
In the name of a piece of dirt
For a change of accent
Or the colour of your shirt
Better the pride that resides
In a citizen of the world
Than the pride that divides
When a colourful rag is unfurled'